Elon Musk says it’s a joke, hours after saying he is buying Manchester United
- Tesla chief Elon
Muskhad posted a tweet saying he is buying Manchester United.
GlazerFamily currently owns the iconic English football club.
- Musk has now claimed that it is a long-running Twitter joke and he is not buying the club.
“Also, I’m buying Manchester United ur welcome,” Elon Musk said in a tweet. Musk has a habit of posting provocative comments on Twitter that rile up many people.
Also, I’m buying Manchester United ur welcome— Elon Musk (@elonmusk) 1660694506000
"To be clear, I support the left half of the Republican Party and the right half of the Democratic Party!", Musk had said jokingly.
The Manchester United football club is currently owned by the six children of
A few hours later, in response to another user asking if Musk was serious, the billionaire responded that this was a joke and he did not plan on buying the club.
@teslaownersSV No, this is a long-running joke on Twitter. I’m not buying any sports teams.— Elon Musk (@elonmusk) 1660710885000
“No, this is a long-running joke on Twitter. I’m not buying any sports teams,” Musk said in a tweet.
Manchester United is one of the most successful football clubs, having won the Premier League 20 times and the prestigious European Cup three times. The club is going through a rough patch and has lost its last two games, including a humiliating 0-4 defeat at Brentford. For the first time in 30 years, the club is sitting at the bottom of the chart.
A section of Manchester United’s fans have been protesting against the Glazer family and the protests have only grown since the club’s failed attempt to form a breakaway European Super League.
Fast forward to "Manchester United sue Elon Musk for not buying" https://t.co/9nJnlGtZ6i— Ran Zhang (@RanZhang74) 1660708451000
Musk recently backed out of his Twitter acquisition and the social media giant has filed a lawsuit against the billionaire in an attempt to compel him to complete the $44 billion deal.
Elon Musk: I'm buying Manchester UnitedElon Musk 2 months later: All these players are just bots— ravikrishnan.eth filmrare.com (@krcnow) 1660709738000
Manchester United is currently valued at $2.08 billion. The Glazer family has not responded to Musk’s tweet and we don’t expect a response unless Musk officially takes more steps toward an acquisition.
Twitter wants to see Elon Musk's text messages as it fights for $44 billion acquisition, newly released court documents show
Elon Musk scores a rare win in Twitter-acquisition lawsuit as the company is ordered to hand over documents from fired general manager
Elon Musk said Tesla has produced more than 3 million cars to date, and it highlights just how much smaller the company is than the auto giants it's up against
- 'Quiet quitting' is a bad idea, experts say. Here are 6 things you can do instead to get the same results if you're looking for better work-life balance – or to lighten your workload
- This pioneering regional OTT has turned profitable in 5 years – here’s how
- A man's cancer vanished after he was injected with a weakened herpes virus in a promising clinical trial
- Seven dead, several others feared missing following flash floods in West Bengal's Jalpaiguri district
- OPEC+ to cut oil output by 2 million bpd from November
- India Inc's foreign commercial borrowings rise by 4.6% in August
- India emerges as the world's largest producer, consumer of sugar
- Scientists find new evidence for liquid water on Mars
- Tata Tiago Electric Car
- HCL Tech
- World Heart Day 2022
- Apple Tablets in Amazon Sale
- RBI Repo Rate
- Akash Ambani
- Amazon festival Sale
- Upcoming new Mobile in October
- Amazon Festival Sale
- Best Companies for Work
- India's Richest People
- RBI Interest Rate hike
- Upcoming Smartphone in 2022
- Top 10 Colleges in India
- Top 10 Airlines in World