Former NBA MVP Kevin Durant is now the part owner of MLS team Philadelphia Union
- NBA star Kevin Durant has bought a 5% ownership stake in MLS club Philadelphia Union.
- "I've always been a soccer fan and have wanted to get into it in a meaningful way," said Durant, according to Vanguard.
- The Union and Durant will partner to not only grow the team's profile, but also to develop programs in the local communities to address racial and social injustice.
- Philadelphia joined the MLS in 2010 in 2010, and enjoyed its most successful season to date in 2019, finishing 3rd in the Eastern Conference.
NBA star Kevin Durant has bought a 5% ownership stake in MLS club Philadelphia Union.The Brooklyn Nets forward, a two-time NBA champion and former MVP, also has the option to purchase a further 5% share in the future.
View all Offers
OnePlus Nord 2 5G (Blue Haze, 8GB RAM, 128GB Storage) I Extra upto Rs.1000 off on Exchange₹ 29999Buy On
- 18% OFF
Redmi 9A (Nature Green, 2GB RAM, 32GB Storage) | 2GHz Octa-core Helio G25 Processor | 5000 mAh Battery₹ 6999₹ 8499Buy On
OnePlus Nord 2 5G (Gray Sierra, 8GB RAM, 128GB Storage) I Extra upto Rs.1000 off on Exchange₹ 29999Buy On
- 19% OFF
Redmi Note 10 (Aqua Green, 4GB RAM, 64GB Storage) -Amoled Dot Display | 48MP Sony Sensor IMX582 | Snapdragon 678 Processor₹ 12999₹ 15999Buy On
- 18% OFF
Redmi 9 (Carbon Black, 4GB RAM, 64GB Storage) | 2.3GHz Mediatek Helio G35 Octa core Processor₹ 8999₹ 10999Buy On
The Union and "Durant's Thirty Five Ventures" – a firm he runs with sports executive Rich Kleiman – will partner to not only grow the team's profile, but also to develop programs in the local communities to address racial and social injustice.
—PhilaUnion (@PhilaUnion) June 15, 2020Union Chairman Jay Sugarman said in a statement on the club's website: "The partnership between Kevin and the Philadelphia Union is based on a set of shared values and philosophies.
"We want to be known as an innovator in our league and a team that is never satisfied with the status quo. Kevin brings us unique perspectives as a person, as a champion, and as a sports icon."His work with the Kevin Durant Charity Foundation has shown he has a community-first mindset that resonates with our club's DNA. Combined with his competitive drive and forward-thinking mentality, we believe Kevin adds a key piece in reaching our ambitions for the club."Philadelphia Union joined the MLS in 2010 as an expansion team, and enjoyed its most successful season to date in 2019, finishing 3rd in the Eastern Conference.
The 2020 MLS season began on February 29, but was suspended after just two rounds amid the coronavirus pandemic.
The campaign will resume on July 8 in the form of a group stage then knockout style tournament similar to that of the FIFA World Cup at Disney World Resort, Florida.
—Major League Soccer (@MLS) June 11, 2020Read more:
- Here’s how brands can avoid making our athletes’ win at Tokyo Olympics all about themselves
- Tokyo Olympics: India beat Argentina 3-1 to enter the quarters in men's hockey
- Sony sells more than 10 million units of the PS5 despite supply shortage since launch
- From Adani Group to Tata Motors and banks — these 17 stocks have already lost over 10% in last one month
- Google, Amazon, IBM and many more are hiring business analysts across the country