Former UFC champ Tyron Woodley wants to knock out Jake Paul twice, then go after his brother Logan
Tyron Woodleyvows to finish Jake Paulin the third round of their August 28 boxingmatch.
- Woodley hopes that if and when he beats Paul, the YouTuber will invoke a rematch clause.
- "I want to rob the bank twice," Woodley said on Michael Bisping's 'Believe you me' podcast.
The former UFC champion Tyron Woodley wants to knock out Jake Paul twice, then go after his brother Logan Paul so he can generate as much money as possible in a series of high-interest crossover bouts.
"I want to rob the bank twice," he said on the "Believe you me" podcast hosted by UFC great Michael Bisping regarding the substantial paydays available when combat athletes share the ring with internet celebrities like the Pauls.
Woodley and Paul fight Saturday, August 28 in Miami, Florida.
It will be the YouTuber's fourth professional bout, having beaten fellow creator AnEsonGib, former NBA dunk champion Nate Robinson, and former
Woodley represents a new challenge for Paul as he is renowned for his striking, used to rule the UFC's welterweight (185-pound) division, and will be closer to Paul's natural weight than his previous rivals.
At 39, Woodley is 15 years older than Paul, but he is confident of a third-round finish.
"I've got to set a couple traps so I may need a round or two to set some traps, see what he responds to and I think third round I should be able to clean up the deal," he said.
There is a rematch clause in the deal, and Woodley said he's hopeful that even if he knocks Paul out, the creator won't be too embarrassed, and will invoke his right to a second bout.
"He's gonna get beat up, he's gonna get knocked out," Woodley said.
"Hopefully it's not too bad. His people are gassing him up that he can win. He accepted this fight and I was very surprised he accepted this fight.
"They're gassing him up and they're giving him that 'You've got the power. He's old. He ain't won a fight a million years. You the younger, more hungry, he's taking you lightly, you can beat him!'
"They're lying to this kid and they're gonna get him f---ed up. So what's gonna happen is, I'm gonna beat him, I'm gonna knock him out, and hopefully it's not too bad where he doesn't want to do it again because I want to take the money again. I want to rob the bank twice."
On the possibility of then taking on Jake's older brother Logan Paul, who recently survived an eight-round exhibition with Floyd Mayweather, Woodley said: "I really don't have smoke with his brother Logan but s---, after he sees what I do to his brother he might want to get the hands too."
- Xiaomi says it is disappointed after ₹5,551.27 crore seizure order is upheld, claims the remittances are legitimate
- Mobility-as-a-service to generate fuel cost savings of $10.8 bn by 2027 says report
- Floodlight failure and a snake on the field cause interruptions in the second T20I at Guwahati
- 5 ways how Paytm Super App is championing the digital payments ecosystem in India
- Vedanta founder Anil Agarwal honoured with Global Indian Award in Canada
- Tata Tiago Electric Car
- HCL Tech
- World Heart Day 2022
- Apple Tablets in Amazon Sale
- RBI Repo Rate
- Akash Ambani
- Amazon festival Sale
- Upcoming new Mobile in October
- Amazon Festival Sale
- Best Companies for Work
- India's Richest People
- RBI Interest Rate hike
- Upcoming Smartphone in 2022
- Top 10 Colleges in India
- Top 10 Airlines in World