Jon Rahm sank a monster putt to win the US Open and celebrated with his newborn son
- Jon Rahm won the US Open on Sunday, the first major victory of his career.
- Rahm took the solo lead on the final hole, sinking a putt that sent the crowd into hysterics.
- As he walked off the green, he was met by his wife and newborn son, whom he carried on the champion's walk.
On his first Father's Day as a dad, Jon Rahm became a major champion.
Rahm birdied his final two holes on Sunday at Torrey Pines to win the US Open, the first major win of his career.
At the 18th, Rahm received a massive cheer from the crowd as he sunk his birdie to take sole possession of first place.
-PGA TOUR (@PGATOUR) June 20, 2021
After sinking his shot, Rahm walked off the green and was met by his wife Kelley, and his son Kepa, who was born in April.
Rahm made the walk to the clubhouse with his baby boy in his arms. Kepa seemed unrattled by the scene around him.
-Golf Channel (@GolfChannel) June 20, 2021
After his putt, Louis Oosthuizen was the only man left on the course with a reasonable chance of catching Rahm, but after he sent his drive over the cliff on No. 17, Rahm's win was all but sealed.
For Rahm, the win is an unbelievable comeback.
Just two weeks ago, Rahm was pulled off the course after playing the round of his life at the Memorial Tournament due to a positive COVID-19 test. Rahm held a six-stroke lead heading into the final round of that tournament but was forced to withdraw from the field in accordance with PGA safety protocols.
Rahm could have played flat in his return, having been unable to practice while he was in quarantine, but instead, he put together four magnificent rounds to become the first Spaniard to ever win the US Open.
After securing the win, Rahm said his positive attitude was key to his performance.
"I'm a big believer in karma," Rahm said. "And after what happened a couple weeks ago, I stayed really positive knowing big things were coming. I didn't know what it was going to be, but I knew we were coming to a very special place. I got my breakthrough win here. It's a very special place for my family."
"I just felt like the stars are aligning."
Torrey Pines will hold a special place in Rahm's heart forever. It's where he proposed to his wife. It's also where he secured the first PGA Tour win of his career in 2017.
And on Sunday, it became the site of the first major win of his career.
- Neobanking platform Vance raises $5.8 million in seed round led by Hummingbird Ventures
- Natural gas price increase negative for GAIL, IGL, marginal beneficiary is RIL: Jefferies
- Auto sales remain buoyant in September with reports of a good festive season ahead
- IAF scrambles fighter jets after bomb scare on Iranian civilian plane in Indian airspace
- Delhi reports over 400 cases of dengue in a week, taking the tally to 937
- Tata Tiago Electric Car
- HCL Tech
- World Heart Day 2022
- Apple Tablets in Amazon Sale
- RBI Repo Rate
- Akash Ambani
- Amazon festival Sale
- Upcoming new Mobile in October
- Amazon Festival Sale
- Best Companies for Work
- India's Richest People
- RBI Interest Rate hike
- Upcoming Smartphone in 2022
- Top 10 Colleges in India
- Top 10 Airlines in World