Khabib Nurmagomedov doesn't even have a fight scheduled but is keeping fit by swimming against the tide in a cold river in Dagestan
- Khabib Nurmagomedov is seen on an Instagram video swimming against the tide in a cold river in Dagestan, Russia.
- Nurmagomedov doesn't even have a fight lined up but is taking extraordinary measures to keep fit and stay sharp.
- Nurmagomedov last fought in September, defeating Dustin Poirier by third round submission in a defense of his UFC lightweight championship.
- Watch the video below.
- Visit Business Insider's homepage for more stories.
Khabib Nurmagomedov doesn't even have a fight scheduled but he's keeping fit by swimming against the tide in a cold river in Dagestan, Russia.Nurmagomedov, the UFC's reigning lightweight champion, defended his title at the UFC 242 show in Abu Dhabi in September, defeating Dustin Poirier in the third round with a rear-naked choke.Advertisement
He has no opponent lined up to fight next, but is expected to return to the Octagon in March or April next year, potentially against number one contender Tony Ferguson.
Watch the video here:The video was posted by Nurmagomedov's friend known as King Farruh on Instagram, who shares a lot of photos of the fighter.Read more: Khabib Nurmagomedov is continuing to shun Conor McGregor and instead wants to fight Tony Ferguson in front of 70,000 RussiansAdvertisement
"Today was very cold, he doesn't care," a caption on the video read. "Water was very cold. I tried to put my feet and almost freeze my ass off."
In a nod to Nurmagomedov's probable opponent Ferguson, King Farruh added: "Tony, you're in trouble!"
- Ahmedabad COVID-19 cases rise by 314 to 12,494; death toll 864
- Curbs eased further in Delhi but borders closed for a week; Coronavirus cases cross 20K
- 4 more cases of COVID-19 recorded in Chandigarh, tally rises to 297
- 12 customers of coronavirus positive barber quarantined
- Bank of India sees impact on recoveries, profitability due to COVID-19