Kirk Cousins had to blow a timeout on a crucial 4th down after lining up under the wrong player
- Kirk Cousins lined up underneath the wrong player on a critical fourth down.
- The miscue meant the Vikings had to spend a timeout just before the snap.
View all Offers
Amazon Brand - Solimo Cygnus Engineered Wood TV Cabinet with Drawers (Espresso Finish)₹ 6359₹ 10999Buy On
Royaloak Milan Four Seater Dining Table Set (Black)₹ 15189₹ 27000Buy On
- 36% OFF
Duroflex LiveIn - Pressure Relieving, Memory Foam, Roll Pack, 6 Inch Single Size Medium Firm Mattress with Superior Comfort and Anti Microbial Fabric (72 X 36 X 6 Inches)₹ 7269₹ 12499Buy On
- 24% OFF
Nilkamal Freedom Plastic Shoe Rack Storage Cabinet | FMSC18_Sandy Brown & Dark Brown₹ 4499₹ 5900Buy On
- 11% OFF
Duroflex Back Magic - Doctor Recommended Orthopaedic High Density Coir, 5 Inch Queen Size Firm Mattress for Back Support and Posture Alignment (78 X 60 X 5 Inches)₹ 15719₹ 20809Buy On
The Minnesota Vikings had to take an embarrassing timeout ahead of a crucial fourth-down play because Kirk Cousins lined up behind the wrong guy.
With the Vikings trailing 34-26 in the fourth quarter, Cousins marched the offense down inside the 49ers' 10-yard line to set up a potential game-tying touchdown. After two short runs and an incompletion, the Vikings decided to go for it on fourth down.
Cousins shouted out orders to both sides of the line, but as he went to get set to take the snap, he lined up under his right guard Oli Udoh, rather than the center, who had the ball.
Thankfully for the Vikings, they called timeout before what would have been an utterly humiliating snap.
—Dieter Kurtenbach (@dieter) November 29, 2021
Following the timeout, Cousins lined up under the right player but was still unable to make the play the Vikings needed, throwing an incompletion to Justin Jefferson to turn the ball over on downs.
After the game, Cousins didn't have much of an explanation for what happened on the play.
"We just didn't get lined up properly, and the play clock was winding down," Cousins said. "I was just moving, trying to get everybody settled up and just got under the wrong guy."
Though Minnesota would get one more chance at a game-tying score, they were unable to capitalize, losing to the 49ers 34-26.
- pi Ventures plans to invest in 25 young startups with its latest $75 million fund
- Best deals on hair straighteners, trimmers and other grooming products on Amazon
- Amazon Republic Day Sale 2022 — Best deals and offers on Echo smart speakers, Fire TV Sticks and more
- Two IndiGo planes avert mid-air collision over Bengaluru airport, DGCA to take strict action
- India's tennis star Sania Mirza announces retirement from the sport by the end of 2022 season
- Mythology audiobooks
- Electric car Championship
- India's win in Centurion
- Millionaires Employees
- Car with Waiting Period
- Tax Saving Investment
- Urban Company
- New Year 2022
- Upcoming new laptops
- Bank Holidays in January
- Valuable NFT Projects
- Xiaomi 11i hypercharge
- GST Input tax credit
- Public Holidays in 2022
- RBL Stocks
- Upcoming Smartphones in 2022