Kobe Bryant's last public appearance was at an NBA game with his daughter Gigi
Allen Berezovsky/Getty Images
- NBA legend Kobe Bryant, 41, and his oldest daughter Gigi, 13, died in a helicopter crash on Sunday morning in Calabasas, California.
- To remember him, ESPN shared of video of his last public appearance, which was with Gigi at an NBA game in Brooklyn, New York.
- Bryant appeared to be giving his daughter basketball-related pointers and Gigi nodded, smiled, and laughed.
- Visit Business Insider's homepage for more.
ESPN is remembering Kobe Bryant's last public appearance before he died in a January 26 helicopter crash along with his oldest daughter Gianna 'Gigi' Bryant, who was 13. Bryant was 41.
To honor the NBA icon's legacy, ESPN showed a video of Bryant and Gigi at a December 21 game where the Brooklyn Nets played the Atlanta Hawks at Barclays Center in Brooklyn, New York.
The video clip appears to show Bryant giving his daughter basketball-related pointers, to which she nods, laughs, and smiles.
Gigi followed in her father's footsteps and played basketball too, with her father coaching her team.
According to TMZ, the Bryant and his daughter were on their way to a basketball practice at the Mamba Academy in Thousand Oaks, California, when the crash occurred.
Others are honoring the NBA legend and his daughter with moments of silence and makeshift memorials.
- Read more:
The sports world is reacting to the sudden and tragic death of Lakers legend Kobe Bryant
- Kobe Bryant says there are WNBA stars who 'could most certainly keep up' in the NBA
- Giannis Antetokounmpo says the Zion Williamson has put the NBA on notice: 'The whole league knows you're going to be a beast'
the last we saw Kobe, he became a meme for this beautiful moment where he was teaching his daughter basketball strategyhttps://t.co/E8CqDz7aBy- manny (@mannyfidel) January 26, 2020
- Durjoy Datta tweets about Paytm UPI LITE making payments faster and easier, fellow author Ravinder Singh responds
- OnePlus Nord CE 3 leaks ahead of launch – specs, expected launch date and more
- JPMorgan Chase thought it had $1.3 million worth of nickel stored in a warehouse. A closer examination revealed bags of stones.
- Meet Rekha Rakesh Jhunjhunwala, the top Indian entrant in 2023 M3M Hurun Global Rich List
- Cyrus Poonawalla’s wealth grows as his health empire remains unlisted
- Adani Airports following investments as per plans submitted to govt: CEO
- Chinese leader Xi Jinping departs Russia but fails to achieve breakthrough in Ukraine conflict
- Healthcare, consumer goods minted the most Indian dollar billionaires