LeBron James got ejected from an NBA game for just the 2nd time in his 18-year career after an elbow to the face left an opponent bleeding
- LeBron James was ejected from the LA Laker's win on Sunday after hitting Pistons' Isaiah Stewart in the face.
- Stewart had blood streaming down his face, and had to be held back by Detroit staff as he tried to confront James.
LeBron James was ejected for just the second time in his 19-year career after hitting an opponent in the face with an elbow, causing him to bleed profusely.
With the Lakers trailing 66 to 78 in the third quarter of a game against the Detroit Pistons Sunday, James hit opponent Isaiah Stewart in the face as the two jostled for a rebound position.
During the incident, James swung his right arm towards Stewart, connecting just above the right eye, and sending Stewart to the floor.
Soon, Stewart bounded up to confront James. Despite the blood pouring from his face, Stewart had to be held back by Detroit staff as he went after James.
The Pistons player looked to have calmed down, but then he burst after James once more. It took several staff to eventually stop him before he could make it to James.
—Bleacher Report (@BleacherReport) November 22, 2021
Following a review into the play, James was charged with a flagrant foul and ejected. Stewart was adjudged to have committed two technical fouls and was also ejected. Lakers guard Russell Westbrook was penalized for a technical foul.
It was only the second time in James' 19-year career that he was ejected, with the first incident coming back in November 2017. That time, James was kicked out for arguing with referee Kane Fitzgerald after he disagreed with a call. James' face during the incident subsequently became an internet meme.
Despite James' absence Sunday, the Lakers came from behind to win 121 to 116.
After the game, James' teammate Anthony Davis said he was not a "dirty guy."
"Everyone in the league knows LeBron's not a dirty guy," he said, as reported by ESPN.
"In fact, when he knew he hit him, as soon as he did it, he looked back at him like, 'Oh, my bad. I didn't try to do it.'"
- Corbevax price slashed to ₹250 per dose inclusive of GST
- IT professionals with 5-10 year experience are the best paid people in India
- Best toy bikes to keep your kids engaged
- New Range Rover Sport revealed in India— check features, specifications and more here
- Three new IPOs opening this week — Paradeep Phosphates, Ethos, eMudhra while LIC to list on exchanges tomorrow