Lionel Messi hit a free kick so good during warmups his goalkeeper was left flat-footed and stunned
- Lionel Messi is a magician with the ball at his feet.
- Ahead of a match against Brazil, Messi hit a jaw-dropping free kick into the corner of the net.
- Messi's goalkeeper could only look on in awe as the ball whizzed by him.
View all Offers
- 18% OFF
OPPO A55 (Starry Black, 4GB RAM, 64GB Storage) with No Cost EMI/Additional Exchange Offers₹ 15490₹ 18990Buy On
- 18% OFF
Redmi Note 10S (Shadow Black, 6GB RAM, 64GB Storage) - Super Amoled Display | 64 MP Quad Camera₹ 13999₹ 16999Buy On
- 8% OFF
OnePlus 9R 5G (Lake Blue, 8GB RAM, 128GB Storage)₹ 36999₹ 39999Buy On
- 17% OFF
Redmi Note 10 Lite Aurora Blue 4GB RAM 128GB ROM | Alexa Built-in₹ 14999₹ 15999Buy On
- 18% OFF
Mi 11X 5G (Celestial Silver 6GB RAM 128GB ROM | SD 870 | DisplayMate A+ rated E4 AMOLED | Upto 18 Months No Cost EMI)₹ 27999₹ 33999Buy On
Lionel Messi can do a lot of things with a soccer ball at his feet.
Most of them end with the ball in the back of the net.
Ahead of Argentina's scheduled match against Brazil on Sunday, Messi was messing around a bit during warmups practicing his free kicks when he hit a ball so perfect it left his goalkeeper staring in disbelief.
With the ball placed a few yards outside the box, Messi hit a curler that began straight on the keeper and somehow wound up in the upper-90.
You simply cannot do it better than this.
-ESPN FC (@ESPNFC) September 6, 2021
Argentina's match was ultimately abandoned after Brazilian health officials stormed the pitch in an attempt to deport several Argentinian players the believed had failed to comply with COVID-19 protocols.
The Argentine Football Association denies its players had broken any rules.
Even if no match was played on Sunday, Messi left Brazil with one heck of a highlight.
- A CryptoPunk NFT bought for $74 resurfaced after four years and just sold for $2 million
- Best DIY wallpapers to revamp your house
- India's largest car maker loses nearly two thirds of its profit to chip shortage
- New Range Rover: Check out expected price in India, features and other details
- Softbank will make $250 million by selling a fifth of its stake in Policybazaar