Manny Pacquiao has signed with Paradigm SM, an agency which also represents Conor McGregor
- Manny Pacquiao has signed with Paradigm Sports Management, the same combat sports agency that represents Conor McGregor.
- McGregor's agent Audie Attar, the founder and CEO of Paradigm SM, told Business Insider: "It has been a great day for Paradigm."
- The deal could smooth negotiations for a boxing rules mega-fight between Pacquiao and McGregor, as the UFC fighter told the media last month that talks with the boxer had already begun.
- Visit Business Insider's homepage for more stories.
Manny Pacquiao has signed a deal with Paradigm Sports Management, a combat sports agency which also represents Conor McGregor."It has been a great day for Paradigm," the agency's founder and CEO Audie Attar told Business Insider on Tuesday.
In a statement, Paradigm SM said: "We're very excited to announce that Pacquiao has signed for full service representation!"Manny is one of the greatest boxers of all time and we look forward to working with … the rest of the team … to maximize his historic career."
The deal could smooth negotiations for a McGregor mega-fight
Yahoo Sports boxing and MMA reporter Kevin Iole posted a mock fight poster of McGregor and Pacquiao on Twitter, which he said came from Sean Gibbons, Pacquiao's manager.
Iole guessed that Pacquiao "is interested in fighting [McGregor]."Later that week, Pacquiao and his manager Sean Gibbons - who had the Irish flag draped around his shoulders - wished McGregor good luck in his UFC comeback, presumably because a win could set up the Pacquiao mega-fight.
Gareth A. Davies, the combat sports expert at The Telegraph and talkSPORT, said a fight involving both athletes, held at the under construction Allegiant Stadium near the Las Vegas strip, could generate $250 million and serve as a retirement party of sorts for the veteran boxer.
Now that Pacquiao and McGregor are both under the same Paradigm agency umbrella, talks between the pair could be easier than they were before.Read more:
Incredibly proud to announce that @ParadigmSM is officially representing Manny Pacquiao. I'd like to thank everyone involved in this, including our partners Arnold, Ping, Atty Brando, Jayke and the rest of Team Pacquiao back in Manila. Cannot wait to work together. #GP pic.twitter.com/EhS6b5jmdQ- Audie A. Attar (@AudieAttar) February 11, 2020
- Google photos will charge $1.99 per month for 100 GB storage from June 1
- Best smartphones under ₹10,000 in India
- Tamil Nadu government to bear all expenses of COVID patients in private hospitals
- CoWin portal to make 4-digit security code mandatory from May 8