NBA teams gave out $626 million in extensions on the eve of the NBA season. Here are all the deals.
- There were several big contract extensions in the NBA over the last few weeks, with six taking place on Monday, the day before the regular season.
- In total, teams handed out $626 million in extensions.
- Check out all the deals below.
- Visit Business Insider's homepage for more stories.
Over the last week, there has been a flurry of action in the NBA, as teams handed out extensions for rookie-scale players and soon-to-be free agents.
The action started two weeks ago, with the Raptors agreeing to an extension for Kyle Lowry. They later signed Pascal Siakam to a max, $130 million contract. The Washington Wizards struck a deal with Bradley Beal to keep their franchise star off the market for another three years.
Then, on Monday, there were several big deals, highlighted by the Kings giving Buddy Hield a $94 million extension and the Boston Celtics topping it with a $115 million extension for Jaylen Brown.
In total, there were nine deals over the course of three weeks, with teams handing out a whopping $626 million in extensions.
Check out all the deals below.
Kyle Lowry, G — One year, $31 million
Bradley Beal, G — Two years, $72 million
Pascal Siakam, F — Four years, $130 million
Buddy Hield — Four years, $94 million
Jaylen Brown, G/F — Four years, $115 million
Domantas Sabonis, F/C — Four years, $77 million
Dejounte Murray, G — Four years, $64 million
Taurean Prince, G/F — Two years, $29 million
Joe Ingles, G/F — One year, $14 million
Now, check out who could take home the MVP this year...
- Life and times of Rakesh Jhunjhunwala — the man behind the trader
- A 29-year-old woman found a mark on her head and was diagnosed with a fungal infection. It turned out to be invasive skin cancer.
- JPMorgan CEO Jamie Dimon told wealthy clients there's a chance the US is heading into 'something worse' than a recession, report says
- Apple lays off 100 contract recruiters: Report
- Brazil and Argentina not to replay Football World Cup qualifier
- Tamil Nadu to float tender for setting up 100 EV charging stations along highways
- World's biggest cities face worst air quality: Report
- An 87-year-old woman pulls a Tony Stark by giving a speech at her funeral via AI-powered holograph