Nick Bosa trolled Baker Mayfield by recreating the quarterback's most iconic college celebration
- Nick Bosa trolled Baker Mayfield while tearing through the Cleveland Browns offensive line on Monday night.
- After taking down Mayfield in the backfield, Bosa celebrated by pretending to wave a flag through the air and planting it in the ground.
- The move was a bit of revenge on Mayfield for planting the Oklahoma flag at midfield of Bosa's Ohio State University in college.
- Visit Business Insider's homepage for more stories.
Nick Bosa and the San Francisco 49ers defense made life tough for Baker Mayfield on Monday night.Through just one half of football, the 49ers forced three turnovers out of the Browns, with Bosa causing havoc for the Cleveland offensive line.Advertisement
As the first half wound to a close, the Browns attempted to get one more drive going, only for Bosa to blow up Mayfield in the backfield and force an intentional grounding penalty that would end the first half.
After making the play, Bosa celebrated by waving and planting an imaginary flag.The move was a bit of revenge for Bosa, mocking a celebration Mayfield made against his Ohio State Buckeyes.
At the time, some fans thought the move was disrespectful, and it's clear that Bosa, who was at Ohio State at the time, didn't especially appreciate the gesture.
Fans on Twitter were quick to shout out Bosa for getting his revenge.It took two years, but Bosa got his revenge.Advertisement
- Read more:
Steelers quarterback Mason Rudolph knocked out cold after hit but walks off field in scary scene
Nick Bosa out here planting the revenge flag. pic.twitter.com/VqaP0lFQwN- Field Yates (@FieldYates) October 8, 2019
Baker Mayfield planting the Oklahoma flag in the middle of the Ohio State O at the Horseshoe is as savage as it gets. pic.twitter.com/PrtgtUvmzL- Big Cat (@BarstoolBigCat) September 10, 2017
Excuse me while I drop $150 on a Bosa jersey. https://t.co/VKVelCzgzP- Beppe ️ ↙️↙️↙️ (@buckeyedinapoli) October 8, 2019
Best thing I have seen in a long time: Nick Bosa "planting the flag" after sacking Baker Mayfield on MNF. #Buckeyes- Joe Holmes (@thejoeholmes) October 8, 2019
Man. Nick Bosa playing the long game. That's some next level revenge. https://t.co/VELXv0osYf- John Hime (@ImJohnHime) October 8, 2019
- Spotify hopes its new ‘trending’ and ‘top’ lists will lure more users onto podcasts in India
- Bihar’s 15-days lockdown: What’s allowed and What’s not
- Barbeque Nation IPO must be priced the same way as its menu—value for money
- 95% of the Assam Kaziranga national park's area flooded, 51 animals killed
- Microsoft Outlook for Android gets Bing search shortcut