Our 7 best bets for Week 8 of the college football season
- The college football season is now in full swing.
- Last week, our best bets went a perfect 7-0 against the spread, with Penn State, Wisconsin, and LSU coming through for us in big spots.
- It was our second straight perfect week of picks, and one lucky reader turned it into a $10,000 payday.
- This week we're hoping to keep the magic going with best on Georgia, Mississippi State, and more.
- Visit Business Insider's homepage for more stories.
Last weekend my jaw dropped.
For the second straight week, our best bets of the college football weekend went 7-0 against the spread, bringing us to 14-0 over the past two weeks and 19-2 over the past three. Streaks like this only come a few times in a lifetime, if at all.A reader, who wished to remain anonymous, emailed in saying he and his buddies had won nearly $10,000 on a seven-leg parlay with the help of my picks.
"Went in on it with 3 buddies on Bovada," he told me. "Each threw down $25 - just wanted a fun little Saturday parlay. Arguing with each other about picks and spreads and I came across your article. Had no idea about USF, so we picked mortal lock of the century Memphis over and let it ride!"
Had our fateful reader kept USF in the parlay as well, their winnings would have hit closer to $20,000.
But I don't think anyone is complaining.
Anyways, it feels nice to celebrate such an astounding run of success, but as quickly as these wins come, they can go just as fast. We must stay diligent in our picking if we want to keep the streak rolling.This Saturday, we're going to try and keep the wins coming with bets on Oklahoma, Penn State, Georgia, and more.
Take a look below for our seven best bets of the Week 8 college football slate (* indicates home team).
LAST WEEK: 7-0