Our 7 best bets for Week 8 of the college football season
John Glaser-USA TODAY Sports
- The college football season is now in full swing.
- Last week, our best bets went a perfect 7-0 against the spread, with Penn State, Wisconsin, and LSU coming through for us in big spots.
- It was our second straight perfect week of picks, and one lucky reader turned it into a $10,000 payday.
- This week we're hoping to keep the magic going with best on Georgia, Mississippi State, and more.
- Visit Business Insider's homepage for more stories.
Last weekend my jaw dropped.For the second straight week, our best bets of the college football weekend went 7-0 against the spread, bringing us to 14-0 over the past two weeks and 19-2 over the past three. Streaks like this only come a few times in a lifetime, if at all.Advertisement
A reader, who wished to remain anonymous, emailed in saying he and his buddies had won nearly $10,000 on a seven-leg parlay with the help of my picks.
Had our fateful reader kept USF in the parlay as well, their winnings would have hit closer to $20,000.But I don't think anyone is complaining. Anyways, it feels nice to celebrate such an astounding run of success, but as quickly as these wins come, they can go just as fast. We must stay diligent in our picking if we want to keep the streak rolling.Advertisement
This Saturday, we're going to try and keep the wins coming with bets on Oklahoma, Penn State, Georgia, and more.
Take a look below for our seven best bets of the Week 8 college football slate (* indicates home team).LAST WEEK: 7-0
Oklahoma* (-33) over West Virginia
Oregon State (+11) over California*Advertisement
Mississippi State* (+18) over LSU
Georgia* (-25.5) over KentuckyAdvertisement
Penn State* (-9) over Michigan
Utah* (-13.5) over Arizona StateAdvertisement
Alabama* (-34.5) over Tennessee
Now check out our best bets for this Sunday's NFL action...Advertisement
- Zomato announces 10 days of menstrual leave for all women employees – including transgender people
- Mukesh Ambani is now the world’s fourth-richest person after he beat Louis Vuitton owner Bernard Arnault
- If you have a high risk tolerance — here are a few ‘aggressive’ investment bets to consider
- Karnataka is building a cycling map for Bengaluru by crowdsourcing inputs from city's cyclists
- Indian Medical Association says nearly 200 doctors have lost their lives to COVID-19