Patrick Mahomes' jump-pass touchdown once again proved he's unlike any other quarterback in the league
AP Photo/Mark Zaleski
- Patrick Mahomes dominated in his first game back from injury for the Chiefs, throwing for 446 yards and three touchdowns against the Titans.
- Mahomes' most impressive play came in the fourth quarter when he connected with Mercole Hardman on a jump-pass that turned into a long touchdown.
- Unfortunately for the Chiefs, Mahomes' big day was not enough, as they would fall to a late rally from the Titans, losing 35-32.
- Visit Business Insider's homepage for more stories.
Patrick Mahomes didn't take long to show football fans he's all the way back from injury on Sunday against the Titans.After missing two games due to a knee injury, Mahomes impressed in his first start back with the Chiefs, throwing for 446 yards and three touchdowns for Kansas City.Advertisement
No throw was more impressive than an improvised jump-pass to wide receiver Mercole Hardman that came in the fourth quarter.
With a 22-20 lead and the ball on the Chiefs' own 30-yard line, Mahomes took the snap and immediately recognized the pocket collapsing around him. In response, Mahomes stepped up into his linemen and jumped to throw a pass over the middle to Hardman, who then out-ran what looked like the entirety of the Titans secondary to extend the Chiefs lead.The throw was a reminder of Mahomes' tendency to do what no other quarterback in the league would think of attempting - from throwing a no-look pass to making a crucial completion with his off-hand.
On Twitter, fans were in awe of Mahomes' ability to make the play, and the boldness he had to even attempt it.Unfortunately for Mahomes, the late score wasn't enough, as the Titans would storm back in the fourth quarter to win the game 35-32. But despite the loss, Mahomes made it clear that he would not be giving up his status as the reigning MVP without a fight.Advertisement
Read more:Patriots rookie is saving and investing 90% of his paychecks so he can 'live like a prince' for the rest of his lifeAdvertisement
Patrick Mahomes is the only quarterback in the NFL that even attempts that pass.- Carrington Harrison (@cdotharrison) November 10, 2019
Patrick Mahomes just threw a touchdown jumping off one leg and letting his body twist away from the play. The throw was perfectly placed and timed.- Sam Mellinger (@mellinger) November 10, 2019
Watching Lamar Jackson and Patrick Mahomes pull an anything-you-can-do-I-can-do-better routine every week for the next decade is going to be fun.- Jeff Passan (@JeffPassan) November 10, 2019
Patrick Mahomes just threw a 63 yd TD pass with no feet on the ground- Patrick Claybon (@PatrickClaybon) November 10, 2019
- Bio-secure bubbles – Here's how IPL players will be staying safe during the pandemic
- INTERVIEW: Chennai-based CAMS’ 30-year journey to an IPO
- Amazon pumps in money into MORE to take on the heavyweights Reliance Retail and DMart
- 30 COVID vaccine candidates being developed: Health Ministry
- INTERVIEW: Paytm trains its guns on Google while the payments app is back in Play Store