Patrick Mahomes took a brutal hit to the head and did not appear to be all there as he was helped off the field
- Patrick Mahomes left Sunday's game against the Titans after a brutal hit to the head.
- Mahomes was hit by the thigh of defender Jeffrey Simmons, who was working to bring him down.
Patrick Mahomes was knocked out of Sunday's game against the Tennessee Titans after taking a hit to the head.
Trailing 27-3 in the fourth quarter, the Chiefs were going for it on fourth-and-18 from the Titans' 25-yard line. After taking the snap, Mahomes faced pressure, first getting his legs wrapped up by Titans defensive end Denico Autry.
With Mahomes stuck in place, Titans defender Jeffery Simmons came up to finish the play. Mahomes ducked into the hit, leading Simmons thigh to make hard contact with Mahomes' head.
-Devon Clements (@DevclemNFL) October 24, 2021
After the hit, Mahomes looked wobbly, and was helped off the field by his teammates.
-Cork Gaines (@CorkGaines) October 24, 2021
Mahomes would not re-enter the game, giving way to backup quarterback Chad Henne for the Chiefs final drive.
According to ESPN, Mahomes had cleared concussion protocol and was available to get back on the field, but the team decided against it with the game already out of reach.
The Chiefs went on to lose 27-3. It was the first time the Chiefs failed to score a touchdown in a game since their loss to the Tampa Bay Buccaneers in Super Bowl LV.
- ICICI Bank market-cap hits ₹6 lakh crore as its stock rises to a record high
- Jio, Airtel could emerge stronger weakening Vodafone Idea further, say analysts
- Foreign investors pour over Rs 12,000 cr in Indian equity in last 10 days
- IPO-bound OYO acquires Denmark's holiday home chain Bornholmske Feriehuse
- Sensex rallies 580 points, buoyed by intense buying in IT, bank stocks