Rob Gronkowski had to remind Tom Brady to throw him the ball one more time so he could cash in on a $1 million bonus
- Rob Gronkowski cashed in on a $1 million bonus during the Buccaneers' win over the Panthers.
- During the game, Gronk had to remind Tom Brady that he needed one more catch to cash in.
Rob Gronkowski cashed in on $1 million in contract incentives on Sunday during his big game against the Carolina Panthers.
Heading into the game, Gronkowski was just shy of hitting two big bonuses, needing seven more catches to secure one $500,000 bonus and 85 receiving yards to grab another $500,000.
On Sunday, Gronk was determined to get both. He secured the necessary yardage early with the help of a 42-yard reception early in the second half. However, as the game ticked into garbage time, Gronkowski still needed one final reception to secure the second half of his potential million-dollar day.
With the Buccaneers already leading 34-17, head coach Bruce Arians was likely looking to pull his starters soon, but thanks to some urgency from Gronkowski on the sidelines, he was still able to reach his mark.
"Let's go, I need one more," Gronk told Brady on the sidelines, as seen in a video put out by NFL films. "One more catch?" Brady asked. "Yeah." The duo sealed their pact with a fist bump.
Speaking with another member of the staff on the sideline, Gronk joked, "If I don't get the seventh catch, I have to go get a real job."
Luckily for Gronk, Brady made good on his promise, connecting with him for one final completion to earn his bonus check.
—The Athletic (@TheAthletic) January 11, 2022
During the broadcast, CBS showed a moment of minor confrontation on the sideline as it appeared that Brady refused to be taken out of the game until Gronk had been able to get his bonus.
—gifdsports (@gifdsports) January 10, 2022
Gronkowski finished the day with seven receptions, 137 receiving yards, and $1 million in new money.
Not a bad day at the office.
It's not the first time Brady has shown determination in getting a teammate his bonus money. In the final game of the 2021 season, Brady and the Buccaneers called for a series of quick shovel passes to Antonio Brown during the closing minutes of a game to ensure Brown reached a similar incentive.
Given his record, Brady seems like a pretty good teammate to have when you have a large sum of money on the line.
- Half a dozen murders, all within a week: Are Indian-Americans safe?
- Looking to invest in IPOs? Here’s how to pick winners and spot the duds
- Nifty50 valuations remain expensive, but experts are divided on India's growth prospects
- Indians stick to TV for prime time and that's keeping them from cutting the 'cord'
- Over 7 in 10 Indians now prefer to chat with businesses: Meta report
- Tata Tiago Electric Car
- HCL Tech
- World Heart Day 2022
- Apple Tablets in Amazon Sale
- RBI Repo Rate
- Akash Ambani
- Amazon festival Sale
- Upcoming new Mobile in October
- Amazon Festival Sale
- Best Companies for Work
- India's Richest People
- RBI Interest Rate hike
- Upcoming Smartphone in 2022
- Top 10 Colleges in India
- Top 10 Airlines in World