Sacramento Kings big man Nemanja Bjelica drained a deep three at the buzzer to stun the Rockets after Russell Westbrook called game with 1 second left
- Sacramento Kings big man Nemanja Bjelica silenced Russell Westbrook and the Houston Rockets with a buzzer-beating game-winner from long range in a thriller Monday night.
- Westbrook had hit what appeared to be the dagger with one second remaining and repeatedly said "game over" while celebrating with teammates.
- In his excitement, Bjelica let an F-bomb slip during his postgame interview.
- Visit Business Insider's homepage for more.
The Houston Rockets' Monday-night thriller against the Sacramento Kings came down to the wire, and Russell Westbrook was ready to end it.But Kings big man Nemanja Bjelica had other ideas.
In addition to the sweet taste of victory, Bjelica also earned the honor of forcing Westbrook - one of the loudest chirpers in the league - to eat his words.Moments before Bjelica sank his game-winner, the Rockets' outspoken point guard slashed through the lane and laid in a clutch shot of his own to put Houston up by two. With one second left on the clock, Westbrook marched back towards his team's bench and repeatedly said "game over" while shaking his head and dapping up teammates.Bjelica celebrated with teammates throughout his postgame interview and, in his excitement, even let an F-bomb slip.
"F--- it, we deserve this win, man," he said.
"What can I say?" he added. "I took a crazy shot. The ball went in. We deserve this win and that's it."Sacramento is 10-13 on the season but, despite playing without stars Marvin Bagley III and De'Aaron Fox, came away from a tough road stretch with back-to-back wins against the Dallas Mavericks and the Rockets.
- Read more:
- Lizzo revealed her interest in Karl-Anthony Towns during a courtside interview at the Lakers-Timberwolves game
- The 13 most memorable college basketball teams of the decade
- The most dominant athletes of the decade
- Megan Rapinoe calls out Lionel Messi, Cristiano Ronaldo, and Zlatan Ibrahimovic to do more to fight racism and sexism
Props to Russ Westbrook for knowing before anyone else that Bjelica would hit a game winner- Carmichael Dave (@CarmichaelDave) December 10, 2019
He even called it: "Game Over"
- Best screwdrivers for your tool drawer
- Mumbai local railways ready to open suburban trains for all commuters
- Andhra Pradesh government allows schools and colleges to reopen from November 2
- Three people killed, several injured in a ‘suspected’ terror attack in France
- Maruti’s revenue rises 10% as car sales increase but high commodity prices dampen profit