The 19 greatest NFL plays of the decade
Al Bello/Getty Images)
- The NFL compiled a list of their 100 greatest plays of all time for their 100th season.
- Of those plays, 19 occurred during the last decade.
- Those plays include some unforgettable moments, such as the "Butt Fumble," "The Philly Special," and Odell Beckham's incredible one-handed catch on "Sunday Night Football."
- Visit Business Insider's homepage for more stories.
The NFL produced some incredible plays over the last decade of football.As part of the NFL's 100th season, the league compiled a list of their 100 greatest plays of all time. Of those, 19 occurred over the last decade, including some unforgettable moments, such as the "Butt Fumble," Odell Beckham Jr.'s one-handed catch, several big Super Bowl moments, and even a couple of "miracles."Advertisement
Here are the 19 best plays of the decade, ranked.
19. "The Butt Fumble."
18. Larry Fitzgerald's game-clinching catch-and-run in overtime of the 2015 divisional playoff game against the Packers.Advertisement
17. Derrick Henry's record-tying 99-yard touchdown run against the Jaguars during the 2018 season.
16. Randy Moss' one-handed touchdown catch from Tom Brady during the 2010 season.Advertisement
15. Von Miller's strip-sack of Cam Newton that led to a touchdown for the Broncos in Super Bowl 50.
14. Tim Tebow's game-winning touchdown pass to beat the Steelers in overtime of the 2011 playoffs.Advertisement
13. Richard Sherman tips a pass to his teammate for an interception in the 2013 NFC Championship Game.
12. Aaron Rodgers' Hail Mary to beat the Lions in 2015.Advertisement
11. Aaron Rodgers' other Hail Mary from the 2015 season.
10. "The Miami Miracle," in which the Dolphins beat the Patriots on a last-second, multi-lateral prayer.Advertisement
9. DeSean Jackson's "Miracle at the Meadowlands II" punt return against the Giants.
8. Tracy Porter's pick-6 of Peyton Manning in the Saints' Super Bowl XLIV win.Advertisement
7. Mario Manningham's sideline grab in Super Bowl XLVI for the Giants.
6. Julian Edelman's amazing catch during the Patriots' comeback win in Super Bowl LI.Advertisement
5. Odell Beckham Jr.'s one-handed catch on "Sunday Night Football" in 2014.
4. Marshawn Lynch's "BeastQuake" run against the Saints in the 2010 Wild Card game.Advertisement
3. "The Philly Special" trick play by the Eagles in their Super Bowl LII win over the Patriots.
2. The "Minneapolis Miracle" to send the Vikings to the NFL Championship Game in 2017.Advertisement
1. Malcolm Butler's Super Bowl XLIX-winning interception for the Patriots when the Seahawks chose to pass the ball instead of run.
Now check out the college football programs that dominated the 2010s.Advertisement
- Assam reports 365 new COVID-19 cases; total mounts to 9,799
- Eight deaths, 1,892 new COVID-19 cases in Telangana
- Letter to Prez over DU not holding ECA trials in view of COVID-19
- Pvt labs starting TrueNat/CBNAAT based tests for COVID be encouraged for NABL seal: ICMR to states
- 2,520 fresh COVID cases in Delhi take tally to over 94K; death toll rises to 2,923