The 27-year-old American boxer who was knocked out and hospitalized on Saturday is currently 'fighting for his life'
- Patrick Day, a 27-year-old American boxer, is "fighting for his life," his trainer Joe Higgins said according to USA Today.
- The super welterweight was dominated in a Saturday bout against a 21-year-old called Charles Conwell.
- In Chicago's Wintrust Arena, Conwell knocked Day down in the fourth and eighth rounds and then out in the 10th.
- Day left the ring on a stretcher and had seizures en route to hospital.
- A statement released by the promoter's DiBella Entertainment said the athlete was in "extremely critical condition" as of Sunday.
- Visit Business Insider's homepage for more stories.
Patrick Day is currently "fighting for his life" after he suffered a knockout defeat and was hospitalized on Saturday.Day, a 27-year-old American, was competing against Charles Conwell in Chicago's Wintrust Arena but was dominated by his 21-year-old opponent.Advertisement
Conwell knocked Day down in the fourth and eighth rounds with hard right hands before knocking him out in the 10th. Day received medical attention in the ring, left on a stretcher, and had seizures en route to hospital. DiBella Entertainment said in a statement.
"As of Sunday evening, Patrick is in a coma caused by the injury and is in extremely critical condition. On behalf of Patrick's team, we appreciate the outpouring of support, prayers, and offers of assistance from all corners of the boxing community."Day's trainer Joe Higgins said: "He's fighting for his life," according to USA Today. Conwell added: "My thoughts and deepest prayers are with Patrick Day and his family right now."Advertisement
- AP EAMCET Result 2020 to be released soon — Here’s how to check the scorecard
- SpaceX and NASA's next manned mission is set to take off on Halloween
- Xiaomi launches Mi Watch Revolve, Mi Smart Speaker and other smart home products in India
- Bypolls to one Lok Sabha and 56 assembly seats on November 3 and 7: Election Commission
- Samsung announces price cut on Galaxy M01, Galaxy M11 affordable smartphones in India