The BCCI is not giving up on IPL 2020 – it could now be held in UAE
- The Board of Control for
Cricketin India has reportedly said that it is looking at UAE as a possible venue for the Indian Premier Leagueto be held.
- A final decision on IPL will be taken after the final word is out on the T20 World Cup set to be held in Australia in October-November.
- With the coronavirus tally in India rapidly rising, many had called for the cancellation of the IPL this year.
AdvertisementIn an Apex council meeting on Friday, the Board of Control for Cricket in India has reportedly said that it is looking at UAE as one of the countries for the Indian Premier League to be held. The
A final decision on IPL will be taken after the final word is out on the T20 World Cup set to be held in Australia in October-November. "We cannot make an announcement till the ICC gives us a final call on the T20 World Cup. But we could see an official word after Monday's ICC meeting and once that is done, we can go ahead and make the necessary announcement," an official told IANS.
However, it is still under discussion and if the T20 World Cup is delayed, the
AdvertisementWith the coronavirus tally in India rapidly rising, many had called for the cancellation of the IPL this year.
During the meeting, the board also looked at the conditions for domestic cricket and tournaments can soon be held within zones. "We had a healthy discussion on the fate of domestic cricket and how we can go forward with an eye on the travel restrictions and the important health guidelines that have come into effect due to the pandemic. Although it is at a nascent stage, it was discussed that we could go back to having teams playing Ranji Trophy games in their own zones rather than travelling across the country as that would be much easier in the current scenario," IANS quoted an official.
According to IANS, franchises are already prepping for the logistics and are looking at hotels in Abu Dhabi.
India again adds over 34,000 coronavirus cases in one day – total death toll is over 26,000
Google's latest offering Shoploop is similar to what Walmart-owned Flipkart launched a week ago
- EXCLUSIVE: Communities, brand and then product — CEO explains how Stack Overflow flipped the script on software development
- Everybody in India must get Covid vaccine free, says Kejriwal
- Samsung now lets you buy up to four products in one single EMI as it seeks to boost sales this festive season
- Equitas Small Finance Bank IPO allotment: Here’s how to check share allotment status
- K'taka healthcare warriors first to get Covid vaccine: Minister