The Coyotes tried to troll the Kings by hanging the team's 'jinxed' Taylor Swift banner and instead, the Kings trolled right back
- The Arizona Coyotes tried to troll the Los Angeles Kings by hanging a banner fans have deemed unlucky for the franchise, but the Kings clapped back.
- Los Angeles faithful complained that a banner celebrating Taylor Swift's record number of sold-out shows at the Staples Center jinxed their team, so the venue agreed to cover the banner during Kings home games.
- The Coyotes capitalized on Los Angeles' quirky Achilles' heel and hung a mock version of the banner when the Kings came to visit Monday night.
- Los Angeles responded by mocking the fact that Arizona has never won a Stanley Cup in tweeting a photo of the banner with the caption "congrats to the @ArizonaCoyotes on putting up their first-ever banner."
- Visit Business Insider's homepage for more.
The Arizona Coyotes tried to troll the Los Angeles Kings by hanging a banner fans have deemed unlucky for the franchise, but the Kings clapped back.Earlier this season, Los Angeles faithful complained that a banner celebrating Taylor Swift's record number of sold-out shows at the Staples Center jinxed their team. As a result, the venue agreed to cover the banner - which was first hung in 2015 - any time the Kings play home games.Advertisement
The Coyotes capitalized on Los Angeles' quirky Achilles' heel and hung a mock version of the banner when the Kings came to visit Monday night, but Los Angeles immediately clapped back.
The Kings' social media team was alluding to Arizona's NHL franchise's lack of Stanley Cup titles and thus the Coyotes have never hung a championship banner.Still, Arizona got the last laugh. The Coyotes shut out Los Angeles 3-0 to move to 13-7-2 on the season and closer to overtaking the Edmonton Oilers for first place in the Pacific division.
- Read more:
- Resurfaced video footage suggests the Houston Astros stole signs during the 2017 World Series
- Jay-Z is reportedly 'disappointed' in how Colin Kaepernick handled his NFL workout this weekend
- The University of Texas is giving its football stadium a face-lift, but people are saying the new 'Longhorn patio' looks like the female reproductive system
- Memphis is withholding top prospect James Wiseman from playing in a pivot from its original defiant, anti-NCAA stance
NOW WATCH: Here's what candy corn is actually made of
- Supreme Court sends notice to Centre and UPSC over a plea seeking delay in civil services exams 2020
- Three more IPOs to hit the Indian market next week — Mazagon Dock Shipbuilders, UTI AMC and Likhitha Infrastructure
- HDFC Bank and SBI customers are facing UPI payment glitches
- India is the second-largest market for Coursera with 9.8 million learners, right after the US
- Odisha witnesses highest single-day COVID-19 cases and a record 16 deaths in a single day