The IOC suspended its investigation into Olympic shot putter Raven Saunders' podium protest after her mother suddenly died
- Team USA Olympic shot putter Raven Saunders' mother has died.
- The International Olympic Committee said that it would suspend its investigation into Saunders' podium
protest"for the time being."
- The organization said Team USA is helping Saunders return home.
The International Olympic Committee has suspended its investigation into Team USA shot putter Raven Saunders' podium protest after she revealed on social media that her mother had suddenly died.
Saunders, who won a silver medal in shot put at the Tokyo Games, raised her hands in an "X" gesture while on the podium over the weekend - a gesture she later said represented "the intersection of where all people who are oppressed meet."
Saunders' relatives told WCBD in South Carolina on Tuesday that Clarissa Saunders had died this week while in Orlando, Florida, where she was attending a watch party to celebrate her daughter's appearance at the
The circumstances behind Clarissa Saunders' death are not known publicly.
Saunders said on Twitter that she was stepping away from social media for the time being to take care of her mental health and her family in the wake of her mother's death.
"My mama was a great woman and will forever live through me. My number one guardian angel," she wrote. "I will always and forever love you.
During a press briefing on Wednesday,
"The IOC obviously extends its condolences to Raven and her family. [The US Olympic and Paralympic Committee has] informed us that she is being looked after and will be returning home," he said at the briefing, according to CNN.
- PhonePe moves domicile from Singapore to India
- Noida-based LED IKIO Lighting files DRHP with SEBI to raise ₹350 crore
- Electronics Mart India IPO set to open on Oct 4; commands grey market premium of ₹30/share
- Twitter is going the TikTok way with a new full-screen video feature
- Sensex, Nifty fall over 1% on weak global trends
- Tata Tiago Electric Car
- HCL Tech
- World Heart Day 2022
- Apple Tablets in Amazon Sale
- RBI Repo Rate
- Akash Ambani
- Amazon festival Sale
- Upcoming new Mobile in October
- Amazon Festival Sale
- Best Companies for Work
- India's Richest People
- RBI Interest Rate hike
- Upcoming Smartphone in 2022
- Top 10 Colleges in India
- Top 10 Airlines in World