The NFL's pass interference rules continue to baffle as a seemingly obvious grab prevented a Texans touchdown and didn't get overturned
- Baltimore Ravens cornerback Marlon Humphrey committed a seemingly obvious pass interference penalty against the Houston Texans' DeAndre Hopkins, but the refs did not call it, even after a challenge and review.
- Many in the NFL world voiced their outrage and confusion over the NFL's pass interference rules and the new challenge rule.
- Visit Business Insider's homepage for more stories.
The NFL's pass interference rules continued to confuse the larger football world on Sunday.In the first quarter of the Houston Texans-Baltimore Ravens Week 11 game, Ravens cornerback Marlon Humphrey seemed to commit an obvious penalty against Texans wide receiver DeAndre Hopkins in the end zone. As Hopkins reached for the ball, Humphrey had both hands around Hopkins' torso, effectively holding Hopkins back from catching the ball.
Here's video:Several in the NFL world reacted to the non-call:
The non-call had an impact in the first half. The Texans didn't score on the drive and the Ravens ended up scoring 14 points in the first half.
- Read more:
- Colin Kaepernick put the ball in NFL teams' court after an impressive and complicated workout
- The NFL has never seen anything like the ugly fight between the Browns and the Steelers, and blame is flying in all directions
- NFL POWER RANKINGS: Where every team stands heading into Week 11
I mean, this is a goddamn disgrace. https://t.co/dyTRW99wyH- mike freeman (@mikefreemanNFL) November 17, 2019
I'm sorry but it is insanely funny that the NFL passed a rule making pass interference reviewable and refs are almost entirely ignoring that rule. The replay officials are watching Peaky Blinders or something when they are supposed to be reviewing PI. Not even trying.- Kevin Clark (@bykevinclark) November 17, 2019
BALTIMORE-Gotta be overturned.- Peter King (@peter_king) November 17, 2019
(He said for the 33rd time this year, fruitlessly.)
Both Baltimore's John Harbaugh and Houston's Bill O'Brien have been champions of bringing a skyjudge in, and were leaders in the PI challenge system being instituted.- Albert Breer (@AlbertBreer) November 17, 2019
I'd think, deep down, each has strong feelings on what just happened.
- Rashtriya Ekta Diwas: Famous quotes by Sardar Vallabhbhai Patel
- Modi to launch India's first seaplane service tomorrow
- Karwa Chauth 2020: Date, puja time, and everything you need to know
- UNESCO allots India’s Panna Tiger Reserve ‘Biosphere Reserve’ status after it brought its tiger population back from zero to 54 in ten years
- BCG vaccine can help elderly fight against Covid-19: ICMR study