Tiger Woods recovering, 'in good spirits' following major rollover car crash
Tiger Woodsis recovering and "in good spirits" following surgery for injuries from a major crash.
- The golfer sustained multiple leg injuries in a single-car accident in Los Angeles Tuesday morning.
- Woods was moved to Cedars-Sinai Medical Center Friday for follow-up medical procedures.
The golfer sustained multiple injuries in a car crash in southern Los Angeles County on Tuesday morning. Officials said the vehicle, in which Woods was the driver and sole occupant, hit the center median of a deceptively dangerous road, then hit a curb and a tree.
Woods was taken to Harbor-UCLA Medical Center to undergo surgery following the crash. Dr. Anish Mahajan, the chief medical officer and interim CEO at Harbor-UCLA Medical Center, said Woods "suffered significant orthopaedic injuries to his right lower extremity."
"Comminuted open fractures affecting both the upper and lower portions of the tibia and fibula bones were stabilized by inserting a rod into the tibia," Mahajan said in a statement.
Woods was moved to Cedars-Sinai Medical Center Friday morning for follow-up medical procedures on his injures, according to a statement shared on Woods' Twitter.
"The procedures were successful, and he is now recovering and in good spirits," the statement said.
"Tiger and his family want to thank you all for the wonderful support and messages they have received over the past few days," the statement continued. "We will not have any further updates at this time."
- Supreme Court to hear 300 old cases from October 11, with the oldest among them filed in 1979
- R Venkataramani appointed as the Attorney General of India for three years
- Rise in home loan interest beyond 9.5 % likely to have high impact on housing sales: Survey
- Akash Ambani named in Time100 NEXT list as an emerging leader
- People want bigger homes and reopening offices, schools hasn’t altered this trend
- Amazon Festival Sale
- Rice and Pulses
- IIT Guwahati
- Apple Tablets in Amazon Sale
- Biggest Billionaires
- Sundar Pichai
- Home Loan
- Vinod Shantilal Adani
- Amazon Festival Sale
- Accenture earnings forecast
- India's Richest People
- Best 5G Smartphone
- Upcoming Smartphone in 2022
- Top 10 Colleges in India
- Top 10 Airlines in World