Tiger Woods recovering, 'in good spirits' following major rollover car crash
Tiger Woodsis recovering and "in good spirits" following surgery for injuries from a major crash.
- The golfer sustained multiple leg injuries in a single-car accident in Los Angeles Tuesday morning.
- Woods was moved to Cedars-Sinai Medical Center Friday for follow-up medical procedures.
The golfer sustained multiple injuries in a car crash in southern Los Angeles County on Tuesday morning. Officials said the vehicle, in which Woods was the driver and sole occupant, hit the center median of a deceptively dangerous road, then hit a curb and a tree.Woods was taken to Harbor-UCLA Medical Center to undergo surgery following the crash. Dr. Anish Mahajan, the chief medical officer and interim CEO at Harbor-UCLA Medical Center, said Woods "suffered significant orthopaedic injuries to his right lower extremity."
Woods was moved to Cedars-Sinai Medical Center Friday morning for follow-up medical procedures on his injures, according to a statement shared on Woods' Twitter."The procedures were successful, and he is now recovering and in good spirits," the statement said.
"Tiger and his family want to thank you all for the wonderful support and messages they have received over the past few days," the statement continued. "We will not have any further updates at this time."
- Hero MotoCorp, Maruti Suzuki, Tata Motors and other stocks to watch out for on May 6
- Over One lakh oxygen concentrators cleared by customs from April 24 to May 4
- Check out who all can travel to the US amidst uncertainty in international travel
- Water shortage might be on the way to worsen Delhi's COVID-19 crisis
- Himachal Pradesh government imposes curfew effective from tomorrow till May 16