Tokyo Olympics: How and where to watch the opening ceremony live stream in India
Tokyo Olympics 2020will see the participation of athletes from 206 countries.
- Around 11,000 athletes are expected to be part of the event.
- The opening ceremony of the Tokyo Olympics will begin at 4:30 pm IST on July 23.
The games are scheduled to go on from July 23 to August 8. The Olympics Games will see the participation of around 11,000 athletes from 206 countries. They will be competing for 339 gold medals across 33 sports. The Tokyo Olympics 2020 will see India’s largest contingent to feature at the mega sporting event ever. At least 119 Indian athletes will compete for glory across sports.
Here are the details on how and where you can live stream the
AdvertisementWhere will the Tokyo Olympics 2020 opening ceremony take place?
The opening ceremony of the Tokyo Olympics 2020 will be held at the National Stadium in Tokyo.
At what time will the opening ceremony begin in India?
The opening ceremony of the Tokyo Olympics will commence at 8 pm local time or 4:30 pm IST on July 23, 2021.
Where can I watch the Tokyo Olympics opening ceremony live stream in India?
Sony Sports Network has the exclusive rights to broadcast all events of the Tokyo Olympics 2020 including the opening ceremony live in India. Sony TEN 1 and Sony TEN 2 will feature English commentary while Sony TEN 3 will have Hindi commentary.
You can live stream the Tokyo Olympics opening ceremony online on SonyLIV and platforms like JioTV that have Sony TEN 1, Sony TEN 2 and Sony TEN 3 channels.
SonyLIV is a subscription-based platform and the premium plan can be purchased at ₹299/month or ₹999/year.
What to expect from the Tokyo Olympics opening ceremony?
As most opening ceremonies celebrate the culture of host countries, we will also see Japanese culture come to light on Friday. It is expected to showcase popular video game characters built in Japan, such as Nintendo's Mario & Luigi.
More than 300 horses travelled to the Olympics on special flights complete with passports, in-flight meals, and mandatory COVID quarantines
AdvertisementThe Olympics are already being ravaged by COVID-19 - and some athletes are pulling out of the games
Popular on BI
- Sports NFT platforms have racked up nearly $1 billion in funding this week alone, despite market slump
- COVID-19 virus likely to get weaker and become a common cold, says Oxford-AstraZeneca vax creator
- Best teether for growing baby in India
- TiE Delhi-NCR kickstarts the 10th Edition of India Internet Day themed Digital India: Escape Velocity
- Volkswagen Taigun: All you need to know about price, features and rivals