Tom Brady and Rob Gronkowski are so in-tune that the QB knows where his tight end will be before Gronk does
Rob Gronkowskisaid Tom Bradyclaims to know what Gronk will do on the field before Gronk does.
- Gronkowski said Brady is right a majority of the time.
Over 11 seasons together, the 44-year-old Tom Brady has come to learn Rob Gronkowski's routes better than Gronkowski himself.
Speaking with NFL Network, Gronkowski said Brady knows where Gronk will be on the field before even he knows.
"He claims when we're throwing routes, he knows already what I'm thinking before I even know what I'm thinking," Gronkowski said. "So, I'm like, 'Oh really? If that's the case, then you're right, then we don't even have to say a single word to each other' if he already knows what I'm thinking.
"But I really think he does some times."
Gronkowski said Brady occasionally guesses wrong, but "majority of times," he accurately predicts what Gronkowski wants to do.
Of course, Gronkowski admittedly doesn't always know what he's doing on the field. During an ESPN "Manningcast" earlier in the season, Gronkowski said he rarely watches film and sometimes asks Brady for tips on an opponent. Gronkowski said his plan is often to just run by defenders.
For Brady, time together is the key to establishing a connection on the field. He told NBC's Peter King during training camp this season that five years together is when chemistry can begin forming — but ideally, he still wants more time.
"I'm throwing the ball. You're catching it," Brady told King of his rapport with receivers. "We gotta literally have a bond, a connection between us. You gotta think what I'm thinking all the time. The more you talk and the more you do it, the better it is. The longer I play with guys, the better it is. The shorter you play together, you can't cover everything in five weeks of training camp. Or in two years together. Five years together? Maybe. Seven years together, okay, that's pretty good. You play seven years together with a receiver, you can make a lot of magic happen. But after a year or two, there's still things. There's so many variables that you gotta get right."
So over 11 years together, Gronkowski and Brady have established quite a rapport. So much so that Gronkowski reportedly refuses to play with any other quarterback.
"This guy brings it every single year, every single week, every single game," Gronkowski told
- PM Modi shares image of tailor on the street using Paytm, calls it a common sight across India
- Adani Enterprises’ ₹20,000 crore FPO fully subscribed on the last day
- I was working toward a promotion at Amazon when my manager started emailing me about needing coaching. Now I'm worried about losing my job.
- All major automakers except Bajaj Auto expected to register growth in January say brokerages
- India's core sector output rises by 7.4 per cent in December
- Indian start-ups are looking at reverse flipping says Economic Survey
- This cheesecake startup refused to give up a slice of its company for a lower valuation on Shark Tank India
- SC suggest Nirav Modi's bro-in-law to give letter of authority to CBI to access offshore bank accounts