Tom Brady says Eagles fans still badger him about his dropped pass in the Super Bowl
- Tom Brady and the Buccaneers will open the playoffs against the Philadelphia Eagles.
- Brady says that Eagles fans still make fun of him for his drop in Super Bowl LII.
Tom Brady has probably made more great plays than any other player in NFL history, but there's one miscue that still bothers him.
Speaking on his podcast "Let's Go!" Brady said that his dropped pass in Super Bowl LII against the Philadelphia Eagles still haunts him, mainly because Eagles fans keep bringing it up.
Brady began by joking about his team's potential playbook heading into the Buccaneers' playoff game against the Eagles on Sunday with co-host Jim Gray.
"I never really discuss strategy with you, but it kind of works through the week," Brady said. "I'm thinking the first play from scrimmage, I'm handing it off, give it to a receiver, and they'll throw it back to me, so what could possibly go wrong with that? I need to redeem myself, so expect to see that at some point."
Brady was obviously referencing his drop against the Eagles in the Super Bowl, which came on a play designed just as he described. Gray asked Brady if he still thought about that play a lot.
"I get reminded of that play," Brady said, "Every time I see an Eagles fan, I get reminded of that play."
"My man Nick Foles caught a two-yard touchdown for God's sake. I'm out there in the middle of the field running my 5.2 forty. I'm a fish out of water out there. I wish I came down with it, it was just one of those plays that I'll never get back, and that's the reality of playing quarterback in the NFL."
—Tom Brady (@TomBrady) January 11, 2022
Given the way that Brady is currently throwing the ball, chances are the Buccaneers playbook won't rely on trickeration to get someone passing to Brady instead.
Brady, at 44, had one of the best seasons of his career, leading the NFL in both passing yards (5,316) and touchdowns (43) en route to helping the Buccaneers secure the No. 2 seed in the NFC.
As was the case back in Super Bowl LII, Brady is likely much better off throwing the ball than trying to catch it.
- Here is a list of bank holidays in October 2022
- An Apple executive is leaving the company after being filmed joking about fondling 'big-breasted women' in a viral TikTok video
- Toyota's president said he 'did a little happy dance' after the company dethroned GM to become the bestselling carmaker in the US last year
- PM Modi inaugurates India Mobile Congress, experiences 5G devices being showcased
- Jio will launch 5G for the entire country by December 2023: Mukesh Ambani
- Airtel 5G launched in eight cities, entire country to be covered by 2024
- SEBI tightens disclosure norms for IPOs, brings mutual fund transactions under the gambit of insider trading rules
- Best camera phone under ₹15000
- Tata Tiago Electric Car
- HCL Tech
- World Heart Day 2022
- Apple Tablets in Amazon Sale
- RBI Repo Rate
- Akash Ambani
- Amazon festival Sale
- Upcoming new Mobile in October
- Amazon Festival Sale
- Best Companies for Work
- India's Richest People
- RBI Interest Rate hike
- Upcoming Smartphone in 2022
- Top 10 Colleges in India
- Top 10 Airlines in World