UFC new boy lived up to his 'Mr. Highlight' nickname with a thunderous knockout victory on Fight Island
- Ludovit Klein, 25, lived up to his "Mr. Highlight" nickname with a first-round finish on his UFC debut Saturday.
- Klein was brought in at late notice but, according to a prominent ESPN MMA reporter, scored an "impressive" victory after just 76 seconds.
- After the win, Klein said competing in the UFC was a dream come true.
- Watch the finish below.
A 25-year-old fighter lived up to his "Mr. Highlight" nickname with a thunderous knockout victory on Fight Island at UFC 253 on Saturday.
Ludovit Klein, who had never before fought in the UFC, was brought in on late notice to take on Shane Young, who had won seven of his last eight matches.Klein was head-hunting with little more than one minute on the clock, throwing a kick at Young's head, which staggered the City Kickboxing Academy athlete.
Watch Klein demolish Young right here:
—ESPN MMA (@espnmma) September 27, 2020Or here if you're in a different region:
—UFC on BT Sport (@btsportufc) September 27, 2020
The ESPN MMA reporter Brett Okamoto called it an "impressive, impressive UFC debut" on Twitter, and for Klein, it was the realization of a dream."It's amazing, this is my biggest dream and I am very happy that I am here in the UFC," Klein said."This is always my style, the high kick and demolish my opponent. I am very, very happy for everything."
Klein advanced his record to 17 wins (eight knockouts, eight submissions, and one decision) against two losses.
Read more:Israel Adesanya cut Paulo Costa, ground-and-pound him on the floor, then pretended to hump him after his knockout win
- Sanofi, GSK to supply COVAX with 200 mn doses of COVID-19 vaccine (Ld)
- After Bihar, now BJP promises free Corona vaccine in MP
- Sanofi, GSK to support COVAX with 200mn doses of Covid-19 vaccine
- Union Minister Smriti Irani tests positive for COVID-19
- Samsung overtakes Xiaomi to retake the smartphone crown in India