Vanessa Bryant found one final letter from Kobe that she saved for her birthday, and it included a drawing of an angel on the inside
- Vanessa Bryant found one last letter from her husband, Kobe, and saved it to open on her birthday.
- The late Los Angeles Lakers legend included a drawing of his wife "drawn with an angel holding [her] up," according to the caption of Vanessa's Instagram post from Tuesday.
- Kobe and Vanessa's 13-year-old daughter — Gigi — and Kobe himself died alongside seven others in a tragic helicopter accident this January.
- Visit Insider's homepage for more stories.
Kobe Bryant may no longer be around, but he had one more surprise for his wife, Vanessa, more than four months after his tragic passing.
Vanessa found one final letter from her late husband and saved it to open on her birthday — May 5. When she opened the envelope, which was labeled "To: The Love of my Life," she found an artist's drawing of herself "with an angel holding me up" on the inside, according to the caption of an Instagram she posted Tuesday."I waited to open one more letter on my birthday," the Los Angeles Lakers legend's widow wrote. "It gave me something to look forward to today. The irony is that Kobe has a photo of me drawn with an Angel holding me up by an artist on the cover."Advertisement
Kobe and Vanessa's 13-year-old daughter — Gigi — and Kobe himself died alongside seven others in a tragic helicopter accident in Calabasas this January. The world of sports halted in place as contemporaries and fans alike mourned the 18-time NBA All-Star and his daughter, who was poised to become a basketball star in her own right someday.The father-daughter baller duo left behind Vanessa and her three other daughters: Natalia, Bianka, and Capri.
"Missing the Love of my Life and my sweet little Mamacita- my fellow Taurus," Vanessa added on Instagram. "Grateful to wake up to my 3 sweet girls today. Wish we were all together."
Yesterday I found an envelope labeled To: The Love of my Life. From, Tu Papi ❤️I waited to open one more letter on my birthday. It gave me something to look forward to today.❤️The irony is that Kobe had a photo of me drawn with an Angel holding me up by an artist on the cover. Missing the Love of my Life and my sweet little Mamacita- my fellow Taurus. Grateful to wake up to my 3 sweet girls today. Wish we were all together. ❤️❤️❤️❤️❤️❤️#MyBirthdayWish
A post shared by Vanessa Bryant (@vanessabryant) on May 5, 2020 at 9:15am PDT
- Read more:
- Kobe Bryant credited Michael Jordan's advice for helping him win five championships with the Lakers in emotional appearance in 'The Last Dance'
- The sports world is reacting to the sudden and tragic death of Lakers legend Kobe Bryant
- Kobe Bryant says there are WNBA stars who 'could most certainly keep up' in the NBA
- Coverage of the NFL Draft stands in stark contrast to that of the WNBA last week. A tweet about the first sporting event in 'forever' led fans' anger to boil over.
- SpaceX sends 2 NASA astronauts to ISS in historic mission (2nd Ld)
- NASA and SpaceX blast off to space station
- Assam crosses 1,200-mark in COVID-19 with 159 new cases
- Nine deaths take Rajasthan's COVID-19 toll to 193; total cases 8,617
- Coronavirus cases cross 300-mark in Himachal as 18 more test positive; 24 recover