Weston McKennie became the top American goalscorer in Italian soccer history, then celebrated by pretending to be Harry Potter
- Weston McKennie became the top American goalscorer in Serie A history Monday as Juventus beat Crotone.
- He has scored a modest four goals for Juventus in Serie A, a tally that is more than any other American in Italy.
- He then celebrated by pretending to be Harry Potter.
Weston McKennie became the greatest American goalscorer in Italian soccer history, then celebrated by pretending to be Harry Potter.
McKennie, 22, scored Juventus' third goal following a Cristiano Ronaldo brace as it beat Crotone 3-0 on Monday to move to third in the Serie A table.The strike was McKennie's fourth in Serie A this season, a modest total, but one that makes him the highest-scoring American in the division's history - likely reflecting the paucity of American soccer talent that has graced Italian football.
Current USMNT captain Michael Bradley scored three times for Chievo and AS Roma between 2011 and 2013, while US soccer Hall of Famer Alexi Lalas scored twice for Calcio Padova during the 1994-95 season.Following the goal, McKennie celebrated by pretending be Harry Potter, producing a spell with an imaginary wand.
He has celebrated of all his Juventus goals so far in the same manner.
—B/R Football (@brfootball) February 22, 2021After scoring in Juventus' win over Bologna on January 19, McKennie, who is on-loan at the Italian club from FC Schalke, explained to DAZN the reason behind his unique celebration. "I am actually a big Harry Potter fan," he said. "I have a tattoo on my hand, so it was a magic spell."
- UP's Chief Minister Yogi Adityanath announces free funerals for deceased Covid patients
- You no longer need a Covid+ve report to get admitted to a hospital: Union Health Ministry
- Supreme Court sets up a 12-member National Task Force to facilitate public health response to the pandemic
- Adobe Summit 2021: Empowering a digital-first economy through personalisation
- Crime branch to probe recovery of O2 concentrators from Delhi eateries, including Khan Market's famous Khan Chacha and Town Hall