Zlatan Ibrahimovic bids farewell to LA Galaxy after saying he came and 'conquered' MLS
- Zlatan Ibrahimovic announced his departure from LA Galaxy with a tweet on Wednesday.
- His departure marks the end of Ibrahimovic's two-year stint with the Galaxy, which saw him dominate as one of the most electrifying stars in MLS.
- It's unclear what the future holds for Zlatan, but chances are whatever it is, he'll let the world know as only he can.
- Visit Business Insider's homepage for more stories.
Zlatan Ibrahimovic announced his departure from LA Galaxy on Wednesday, ending his two-year stint with the team as one of the most electrifying players in MLS."I came, I saw, I conquered," Zlatan wrote in his farewell tweet.
It was a farewell fitting for Zlatan, who has compared himself to a god in the past.When he was initially signed by the Galaxy, Zlatan announced his arrival in MLS with similar grandeur, taking out a full-page ad in the Los Angeles Times that said simply, "Dear Los Angeles, You're welcome."
But for all the bluster, Zlatan's play often lived up to the sky-high expectations he set for himself.Ibrahimovic's first appearance came as a substitute in the 70th minute against crosstown rivals LAFC. Zlatan scored an absurd game-tying goal just five minutes into that debut and followed it up by punching in the game-winner in stoppage time.Despite the phenomenal debut, Ibrahimovic was unable to win any hardware with the Galaxy, but he did provide a near-endless stream of highlights on the field.
He scored the 500th goal of his career on a roundhouse kick that few players on the planet would even dream of attempting. He hit played a bicycle kick to himself so perfectly even he was impressed. Through it all, he was an egomaniac that handled media like no other superstar in sports.
Ibrahimovic's goodbye tweet was not the first time he's produced a wild farewell to a former team, as his final posts as a member of Paris Saint-Germain and Manchester United came with a similar lack of humility.At 38, it's unclear where Zlatan plans for the future are, though a return to Europe for one more ride is not out of the question.
Wherever he ends up, Zlatan will undoubtedly announce his arrival in a way that's tough to miss.NFL POWER RANKINGS: Where every team stands heading into Week 11
I came, I saw, I conquered. Thank you @lagalaxy for making me feel alive again. To the Galaxy fans - you wanted Zlatan, I gave you Zlatan. You are welcome. The story continues...Now go back to watch baseball pic.twitter.com/kkL6B6dJBr- Zlatan Ibrahimović (@Ibra_official) November 13, 2019
My last game tomorrow at Parc des Princes. I came like a king, left like a legend pic.twitter.com/OpLL3wzKh0- Zlatan Ibrahimović (@Ibra_official) May 13, 2016
- 1.28 lakh people over 60 years get 1st dose of COVID vaccine on first day
- Chinese hackers target Indian vaccine makers SII and Bharat Biotech: Report
- GST revenue up 7% year-on-year in February to over ₹1.13 lakh crore
- Here is the list of common side-effects of COVID-19, so that you don't panic if you get these
- These are the top 10 likely IPOs scheduled in March 2021