Spotify isn't turning a profit, but it's still keeping Apple Music at arm's length
That's good news for Spotify, given that it's the fastest amount of time in which the Swedish company has added 10 million paying listeners. But it's particularly encouraging when you consider how Apple has had it directly in its crosshairs for the past two years.As this chart from Statista shows, despite Apple fast-tracking Apple Music to every iPhone owner, Spotify has managed to grow right alongside its chief rival every step of the way. As of last December, Apple Music has 20 million paid users - though it wouldn't be surprising to see Apple flaunt another milestone sometime soon.
- Macrotech Developers IPO — check share allotment date, listing date and more
- Throwback to some of the best IPL ads made over the years
- Infosys, Wipro, HDFC Bank and other stocks to watch out for on April 15
- India's largest opposition party blames national media for its lack of influence — but its new YouTube channel may only be targeting the Hindi belt
- Kellogg expands its portfolio by launching more Indianised products