Spotify users are threatening to cancel their subscriptions if the streaming service doesn't completely remove Alex Jones' podcasts
- Spotify removed certain episodes of Alex Jones' podcast, citing its policy on 'hate content.'
- Several of his videos have also been removed from Facebook and YouTube, and his personal page recently received a 30-day suspension from Facebook.
- However, some Spotify subscribers don't feel the move went far enough, and are threatening to cancel their subscriptions if Spotify doesn't completely remove Jones' podcasts from the streaming service.
- People have taken to Twitter to voice their dissatisfaction, and a thread was created on Spotify's community page requesting that Jones' podcasts be taken down.
Plenty of Spotify subscribers still aren't happy with the company's decision to include Alex Jones' podcasts on the streaming service - and they're threatening to cancel their subscriptions if his content isn't completely removed.
Spotify just confirmed that certain episodes from The Alex Jones Show were removed, citing its policy on "hate content," but the majority of the episodes are still available, and Spotify did not clarify which episodes were removed or what specifically violated its policy.
Jones is known for his far-fetched conspiracy theories, including perhaps his most controversial take - claiming that the 2012 Sandy Hook shooting was a hoax, and the victims were "child actors." This claim has led to continued harassment of the victims' families, and some of them have sued Jones for defamation.
Although Facebook, YouTube, and Spotify have slightly reduced Jones' platform, his show InfoWars has an app on both Apple and Google's app stores - which effectively allows him to continue to broadcast regardless if he is suspended from the mainstream platforms.
Hey @Spotify - I am a customer and heard that you are allowing Alex Jones air a podcast through you. If this isn't pulled within a week, I will cancel your service.- Suzanne Coe (@suzannecoeSC) July 31, 2018
Hey @Spotify @SpotifyCanada @SpotifyCares @eldsjal @DusteeJenkins removing *some* InfoWars content is not enough. What Alex Jones is doing is wrong. Do the right thing and remove him from your platform or I will cancel my subscription. #GrabYourWallet #ByeByeSpotify https://t.co/54H400CMj5- MadeleineC (@cruickm) August 1, 2018
It is abhorrent to think that ANYONE has the audacity to be a Sandy Hook denier, let alone have a have a huge platform to spread falsehoods- Mara McEwin (@maramcewin) August 1, 2018
I urge everyone to cancel @Spotify until they cancel the ENTIRE
Alex Jones podcast, not just episodes#GrabYourWallet pic.twitter.com/ALIcOyakcU
- Apple releases public Beta version of iOS 14, iPadOS 14
- Top Xender alternatives to share your files, apps and more
- 7 Indian institutes introduce 'AWS Educate' Cloud computing curricula
- Rs 500 fine for violating COVID-19 protocols: Meghalaya CM
- Odisha's COVID-19 tally rises to 11,956, toll climbs to 56