Square CEO Jack Dorsey: Most Of The Best Programmers Are Self-Taught
Megan Rose Dickey/Business Insider
In the keynote interview, Dorsey said that also relates to why he ended up dropping out of college.
"The reason I dropped out is because I was learning more with a higher velocity outside of school than I was in school," Dorsey said.
In response to Wilson's question regarding teaching kids how to code, Dorsey said that it's very important that schools teach students computer science.
"It definitely teaches you to think in a different way," Dorsey said. "A lot of people think about programming and engineering as this really mechanical thing. But it's an art form, as well. It’s another language."
- MrBeast called out TikTok for allowing a deepfake version of him hawking $2 iPhones to run wild on the app: 'This is a serious problem'
- How an OnlyFans creator earned $60,000 from a 'marathon' livestream
- TikTok's strategy for US dominance is straight out of Amazon's playbook — but creators are the fuel for its flywheel
- Travel Boom: India spends 2X of pre-pandemic level on Airbnb with Goa leading the charge
- Swiggy disburses over Rs 450 cr in loans to 8000 restaurant owners
- Hyundai Motor India says all its vehicles to come with 6 airbags
- Earthquake jolts Delhi and other parts of northern India
- World Bank pegs India's FY24 GDP growth at 6.3% as global headwinds emerge