'Star Wars' fans are freaking out over this stunning new game trailer
A new "Star Wars" trailer has fans going bananas. The trailer racked up nearly 2 million views on YouTube in the last four days; Eurogamer called it "better than many Star Wars movies."
Sounds hyperbolic? It isn't - as a lapsed "Star Wars" fan myself, I can attest: This is the good stuff.The trailer isn't for a new "Star Wars" movie, or even a TV show - it's for a years-old "Star Wars" game that's getting a big expansion this holiday. The game is called "Star Wars: The Old Republic," and it originally launched way back in 2011.
LucasArts / EA
With the upcoming expansion, titled "Knights of the Eternal Throne," the age-old story of The Dark Side corrupting a young padawan is back at the forefront.The gorgeous trailer explores this journey, from a young girl trying to figure out how to use The Force, to a dark lordess engaged in mortal conflict with her own mother.
BioWare / LucasArts
And that's why you shouldn't miss it, even if you don't care about this game. It's genuinely some of the best short-form "Star Wars" storytelling I've ever seen, and I think you'll agree:
- UltraTech Cement's ₹5,477 crore expansion plan is a sign that Birla is betting on a faster economic recovery
- SBI’s mobile banking app is down for the third time in 30 days — digital services take a hit for the 25th time this year
- HCL Tech's Roshni Nadar is India's richest woman in 2020, according to Kotak Wealth Hurun India list
- Hero ISL’s viewership for the first 8 matches has grown by 16% in comparison to last year
- Reliance Infratel resolution plan approved by NCLT Mumbai – Jio to pick up the tower unit