Starbucks jumps to record high after beating on earnings and raising guidance
- Starbucks shares rose in Thursday trading after the company reported second-quarter results.
- While the company's global comparable sales fell just short of expectations, its profits beat.
- Watch Starbucks trade live.
Starbucks shares jumped 1.6% in after-hours trading on Thursday, hitting a record high, after the coffee giant reported better than expected earnings and raised its fiscal 2019 guidance.
Here's what Starbucks reported, compared with what analysts polled by Bloomberg expected:
- Adjusted earnings per share: $0.60 versus $0.56 expected.
- Revenue: $6.30 versus $6.32 billion expected.
- Comparable store sales: +3% versus +3.1% expected.
- Comparable store sales in the Americas: +4% versus +3.7% expected.
This story is developing. Please check back for updates.