Starbucks jumps to record high after beating on earnings and raising guidance
- Starbucks shares rose in Thursday trading after the company reported second-quarter results.
- While the company's global comparable sales fell just short of expectations, its profits beat.
- Watch Starbucks trade live.
Starbucks shares jumped 1.6% in after-hours trading on Thursday, hitting a record high, after the coffee giant reported better than expected earnings and raised its fiscal 2019 guidance.
Here's what Starbucks reported, compared with what analysts polled by Bloomberg expected:
- Adjusted earnings per share: $0.60 versus $0.56 expected.
- Revenue: $6.30 versus $6.32 billion expected.
- Comparable store sales: +3% versus +3.1% expected.
- Comparable store sales in the Americas: +4% versus +3.7% expected.
Wall Street is generally neutral on Starbucks shares. Of analysts surveyed by Bloomberg, 15 recommend "buy," 16 recommend "hold," and one recommends "sell."
This story is developing. Please check back for updates.
Popular on BI
- Financial inclusion made easy for India’s small merchants with Paytm’s pioneering QR codes and Soundbox
- With Rupay Credit Card on UPI, mobile payments pioneer Paytm deepens its leadership in UPI
- A 24-year-old stock trader who made over $8 million in 2 years shares the 4 indicators he uses as his guides to buy and sell
- 10 Must-Do activities on your next Darjeeling Trip
- Govt received ₹1,70,501 crore in April as revenue
- Shubman Gill, Sunil Narine, Virat Kohli & more: IPL man of the series winners since 2008
- Five personal finance deadlines you can’t afford to miss in June
- List of famous things to buy in Darjeeling