Start a fire with water in this simple science experiment
But this is a totally real, and totally cool, science experiment that you can do at home, to create fire from water in a bottle.
We found this backyard experiment on brusspup's YouTube channel.
All you need are two pieces of computer paper, water, a black marker (like a Sharpie), a curved water bottle (like a POM juice bottle), and a sunny day.
It uses the same method that evil kids use to burn ants with a magnifying glass.
You use the curved bottle as you would a magnifying glass, to focus the sunlight onto the black spot on the paper until it's hot enough to ignite. It wouldn't work on just plain white paper because the color white reflects light, while the color black absorbs light (and its accompanying heat). That heat - when combined with the flammable paper - become fire.
Try it for yourself, but be careful - this is real fire and will set off alarms if lit in a contained space. Find a nice outdoor area for your experiment.
1. Fill the bottle with water.
2. Hold the bottle over the black rectangle until it burns a hole through the paper.
3. Put the second piece of paper on top of the first.
4. Wave the papers up and down to get oxygen flowing through the fire.
5. Drop it like it's hot.
See the full video of science tricks on brusspup's YouTube here.
- Cisco says a company 'leader' who encouraged TikTok followers to report strippers to the IRS is no longer employed at the company
- Cryptocurrency investment 101 — here’s how to do your own research (DYOR) and invest in the right digital asset
- Realme GT Neo 2 5G review: Great performance, fine display but camera needs work
- India's farmers protest takes a gruesome turn with a chilling murder at the scene — here’s the sequence of events
- Bizarre! Shubhman Gill was brought back to bat after being declared out
- Ruturaj Gaikwad and Faf du Plessis — amazing data on how the two openers led CSK to IPL 2021 championship
- Budget and safety top criteria for Chennai households during festive season:LocalCircles
- Electric bus makers on a roll as states like Maharashtra and Karnataka send in large orders
- India T20 World cup Jersey
- Photo Editors Apps
- Advantage Club Hiring
- Best Indian Companies
- Dussehra Messages
- Punit Goenka
- Motorola Edge 20 Mobile
- Google TV stick vs Amazon Fire TV stick
- Oneplus 9rt smartphone
- Samsung Galaxy M52 review
- Nykaa IPO
- India Coal Crisis
- iPhone 13 vs iPhone 13 mini
- IRCTC Share price
- Maximum Sixes
- Tata Sons