Starting now, you can finally play PlayStation 4 games on your iPhone
- Sony's PlayStation 4 has a function called "Remote Play" that enables owners to play their PS4 games from other devices.
- The feature was touted during the introduction of the PlayStation 4 in 2013, but has been rolling out to various devices across the past several years.
- Starting this week, PlayStation 4 owners can finally use Remote Play through their iOS devices - like the iPhone and iPad.
Starting this week, you can play PlayStation 4 games on your iPhone.That's the long and short of Sony's latest update to the PlayStation 4, which enables PS4 owners to stream their games to iOS devices like the iPhone and iPad. Advertisement
The service is known as "Remote Play," and has existed on the PlayStation 4 since launch in 2013. Across the last several years, Sony rolled out Remote Play support to a variety of devices: the PlayStation Vita, various Sony devices, PC, Mac, and now iOS.
Here's what it looks like using Remote Play on an iOS device - note the overlaid button prompts that stand in for a PlayStation 4 DualShock 4 gamepad:
Remote Play on iOS doesn't currently allow users to pair a PlayStation 4 gamepad with the smartphone or tablet they're playing on. Instead, users must use an overlaid virtual button layout (seen above).Through the iOS app, PlayStation 4 Remote Play users have full access to their entire PlayStation 4 console - not just games. To use Remote Play through your iOS device with your PlayStation 4, you'll need to do two things:Advertisement
- Update your PlayStation 4 to firmware 6.50, which is available now - here are instructions for updating your PS4.
- Download the iOS app, which you can find on the App Store right here.
After doing those two things, turn on your PlayStation 4 and open the app, then follow the instructions given in the app.
- Top stock movers — GMM Pfaudler, SBI, RIL, HDFC Bank, IOC, IDBI and more
- Elegant and classy traditional necklace sets
- Angel Broking ₹600 crore IPO opens today: Here’s what works for it and what doesn’t
- Messaging and communication have evolved as consumers seek ‘purpose’ and ‘value’ in everything they do: Sukhleen Aneja, RB Hygiene, South Asia
- Classy wallets and card cases for men