How natural disasters terrorize the business world in one infographic
We all live with natural disasters happening all around us all the time. Volcanos, tsunamis, earthquakes, it's all around us.
But we don't often think about how it could affect us, and we very rarely think about how it could affect society at large, including the world of business.
The Eastern Kentucky University Department of Safety, Security, and Emergency Management recognized this and put together an awesome infographic on how the top natural disasters could affect business.
They say natural disasters have cost the global economy $2.5 trillion since 2000.
Here's the breakdown of the huge stakes, all in one place.
Eastern Kentucky University Department of Safety, Security, and Emergency Management
- A 29-year-old woman found a mark on her head and was diagnosed with a fungal infection. It turned out to be invasive skin cancer.
- Elon Musk told his 76-year-old dad Errol to 'keep quiet' in a text message after he said he wasn't proud of his son, report says
- JPMorgan CEO Jamie Dimon told wealthy clients there's a chance the US is heading into 'something worse' than a recession, report says
- Nepotism and termite-like corruption dented India : Modi
- Modi lists five pledges to turn India into a developed country in 25 years
- There will be a major shift in the way Indians shop and consume brands
- Modi remembers Nehru and Sarvarkar in his speech today
- Made-in-India gun used for 1st time for ceremonial salute at Red Fort on Independence Day