85 lakh Infosys shares sold for a whopping ₹777 crore by company co-founder SD Shibulal’s family
- Infosys co-founder SD Shibulal’s family sold 85 lakh of their equity shares in the IT company.
- The total amount of the sale came up to nearly ₹780 crore.
- Shreyas Shibulal sold the largest percentage of 0.09% according to exchange filings.
The family plans to use its earnings from the stake sale for philanthropic and investment activities.
Source: NSE filing by Infosys
|Person||Value of shares traded||Stake|
|Shreyas Shibulal||₹ 365.67 crore||0.09%|
|Kumari Shibulal||₹ 109.69 crore||0.03%|
|Gaurav Manchanda||₹ 164.47 crore||0.04%|
|Milan Shibulal Manchanda||₹ 137.18 crore||0.03%|
|TOTAL||₹ 777.01 crore||0.19%|
As of June 30, the group together held around 2.24% stake in Infosys. Shreyas Shibulal, who sold the largest stake, is the son of Infosys co-founder SD Shibulal.In 2019, he founded Micelio, a start up fund focused on the development of electric vehicles based out of Bengaluru.
SD Shibulal was one of the seven founding members of Infosys alongside NR Narayan Murthy, Nandan Nilekani, NS Raghavan, S Gopalkishnan, K Dinesh, and Ashok Arora. He served as the CEO and MD of the IT company from 2011 to 2014.
After he stepped down from the post in July 2014, he co-founded Axilor Ventures, a venture capital service for young entrepreneurs.
In the first quarter, Infosys reported a 4.5% sequential drop in profit and 2% dip in revenue. Despite being in the red, it beat out the earnigns of other IT giant behemoths like Tata Consultancy Services (TCS) and WIpro.
Infosys shares are on fire because it beat TCS and Wipro— and gave a soothing guidance
TCS, Infosys, HCL Tech and Wipro open up lateral hiring as more people walk out the door during the COVID-19 pandemic
Infosys is still on the fence when it comes to making work from home a permanent change
Popular on BI
- TCS retains No 1 spot as India’s top brand but tech sector takes a hit
- Brewing capital: Third Wave Coffee raises Series C funding with participation from existing investors
- Asian Paints' non-executive director Ashwin Dani passes away
- Mapping Zealandia: Scientists chart the tectonic secrets of Earth’s sunken 8th continent
- World Heart Day: Nourish your heart with heart-healthy foods and practical tips