10 things before the opening bell
Welcome to 10 Things Before the
Let's get into it.
1. Global shares are recovering from the sell-off earlier in the week. Investors remain optimistic about the economic recovery despite seeing the largest daily dip of 2021 on Monday. Stocks, oil, and bitcoin are all on the move.
2. Look for an 8% rally in the S&P 500 by year-end, says JPMorgan. Despite falling bond yields, fears of slowed growth are overblown according to their head of US equity strategy. JPMorgan also thinks the stock market will benefit from a strengthening consumer.
3. Want to know how much employees at Robinhood, JPMorgan, and Goldman Sachs make? Insider compiled a salary database of 250 companies to prepare you for your next salary negotiation. Search here by company or job title.
4. Earnings on deck: Johnson & Johnson, Coca-Cola, Verizon, and Texas Instruments all reporting.
5. Titan, the Gen-Z focused company backed by Kevin Durant and Will Smith, raised $58 million. It's aiming to be the 'premier' asset manager for Millennials and Gen Z investors. Get the scoop on the company backed by a star-studded roster.
6. Billionaire investor Bill Ackman is anticipating a 'massive' economic boom. The hedge fund manager thinks the trillions in stimulus and increasing vaccination rates will bolster the economy. He's confident the Delta variant of COVID-19 won't derail an economic comeback.
7. A surging wealth-management business helped UBS smash Q2 profit forecasts. The Swiss bank's net profit clocked in at $2 billion, higher than the expected $1.3 billion - good for a 47% increase in quarterly profit.
8. Nasdaq is spinning off its marketplace for private shares into a separate business. The move comes amid surging investor interest in pre-IPO companies. Get the full scoop here.
9. Looking for stronger profit margins? Check out Goldman Sachs' new stock list. Worker shortages and supply-chain issues present obstacles for some companies in Q2. These are 32 stocks that should keep rising.
10. GameStop and AMC are still the leading meme stocks - but others are rising to the top of the market. While the market is down, meme stocks may get more popular. Here are the 15 most popular meme stocks on Reddit.
Sign up for more Insider newsletters here.
- 'Quiet quitting' is a bad idea, experts say. Here are 6 things you can do instead to get the same results if you're looking for better work-life balance – or to lighten your workload
- Airtel 5G launched in eight cities, entire country to be covered by 2024
- This pioneering regional OTT has turned profitable in 5 years – here’s how
- Concerned over growing population, the RSS chief calls for a comprehensive policy to check it (Ld)
- EU votes for law that will force Apple to ditch lightening port for Type-C by 2024
- S.Korea builds underground physics lab to explore universe
- HCLTech to hire 1,000 people in Brazil, open next-gen tech centre
- Kidnapping of Indian-origin family in US: Relatives back home in Punjab village in state of shock