10 things you need to know before the opening bell
For the biggest stories in politics, sign up here for 10 Things in Politics You Need to Know Today - launching soon!
Here's what you need to know before
1. Global stocks on edge as US stimulus talks appear gridlocked. See what markets are doing today.
2. Nancy Pelosi suggests stimulus talks to continue after the holidays. Republicans and Democrats are struggling to reach a deal on pandemic relief, and talks have stalled this week.
3. Airbnb's valuation pushed past $100 billion. Here are six reasons why prominent investors gave up on the home-rental firm more than a decade ago.
4. Airbnb, DoorDash had massive market debuts. Their first-day rallies, while extraordinary, show euphoria and greed that's likely not been seen in the stock market since the dot-com bubble of the late 1990s, strategists said.
5. Positive feedback loop set to drive stocks higher in 2021. JPMorgan's Kolanovic said the VIX index will likely average around the 17 level in 2021, which is well below its average of 28 in 2020.
6. JPMorgan sees $1 trillion in stock market inflows in 2021. Investors are looking at a pretty positive environment especially for the first half of next year, top strategist Dubravko Lakos-Bujas said.
7. On the data docket. US producer price index and the Baker Hughes US oil rig count are due.
9. Deutsche Bank is growing bullish on European companies within the renewables and capital goods spaces. The firm says you should own these 14 stocks set to be post-pandemic winners.
10. An exclusive interview with Cathie Wood, who's beating 99% of peers this year. She and her team share their outlooks for 2021 - including thoughts on Tesla's $5 billion stock sale, the Salesforce-Slack tie-up, and bitcoin's meteoric rise.
- Culinary odyssey: Exploring Kochi's 10 famous cuisines
- Scientists have finally figured out what happened to the lost continent ‘Argoland’ that went missing 155 million years ago
- Revamp your health in 2024: 10 Essential food habits for a better life
- Consistent inflows push small-cap funds AUM past Rs 2 lakh cr mark in Nov
- Ola Electric aims to raise nearly Rs 5,800 cr via IPO, to file DRHP