10 things you need to know before the opening bell
Sign up for Insider Investing for your weekly
3. Citadel's Ken Griffin and Robinhood's Vlad Tenev call for stock trades to be settled faster. Both said the current two-day settlement period added to the GameStop chaos at the end of January.4. Barclays posts 38% slide in 2020 net profit. The bank will resume dividend payouts and commence a £700 million share buyback within weeks.
5. Credit Suisse's annual net profit drops 22%. The Swiss lender's earnings cap a tumultuous year for the bank, which began with the ousting of Tidjane Thiam as CEO.6. Earnings expected. Walmart, Applied Materials, Roku, and Marriott are highlights. 7. On the data docket. Fed Reserve governor Lael Brainard's speech, US jobless claims, and the US 4-week bill auction are due.
8. Cathie Wood made a career betting on the future. Insiders reveal how the ARK Invest founder won the funds (and hearts) of memelord traders and boomer investors alike.
9. A 29-year real-estate veteran who's returned 446% to investors in the past decade breaks down the 4 trends driving the sector in 2021. Jeff Kolitch also shares 11 'attractively valued' stocks.10. Morgan Stanley says the stock market remains full of hidden opportunities even though it's at record highs. The firm shares 4 areas that are primed for gains as earnings recover.
- Best broadband plans in India in 2021 – JioFiber, Airtel Xstream Fiber and ACT Fibernet
- IPL 2021: Royal Challengers Bangalore have beaten Sunrisers Hyderabad 7 out of 18 times they played each other
- Publicis Groupe consolidates Data Science, Programmatic and Media Tech with Zenith and Starcom, under a common leadership
- Here are the 7 Indians who will be a part of Cannes Lions Jury this year
- CBSE Class 10 board exams cancelled, Class 12 exams postponed as COVID-19 cases surge