10 things you need to know before the opening bell
Sign up for Insider Investing for your weekly
1. US markets dip after tech stocks dropped despite widely positive earnings. See what markets are doing.
2. The Oakland A's are selling pairs of tickets for 100 Dogecoin. The cryptocurrency, which started as a joke, has accelerated in value over the past weeks.
3. Messages supporting bitcoin from an anonymous crypto fan appeared on the buildings of UK institutions. Over the weekend, the person projected messages supporting bitcoin onto the Bank of England and Parliament.
4. Ether neared $3,500 as it reached a new record high. Analysts say it could exceed $5,000 before facing resistance.
5. Stocks now represent a record-high percentage of financial assets in US households. Date from JPMorgan and the Federal Reserve showed that household equity holdings reached an all time high of 41%.
6. Robinhood's biggest business tripled in the first quarter. The app's payment for order flow function thrived as day-trading exploded thanks to social media.
7. Earnings expected. Pfizer, T-Mobile US, Under Armour, Lyft, CVS Health and Thomson Reuters are due to publish quarterly results.
8. On the data docket. A quiet day on the economic calendar.
9. Investing legend Rob Arnott believes Tesla is 'extravagantly overpriced.' He explains why he thinks the entire electric-vehicle market is deluded - and which companies are positioned for success.
10. Changpeng Zhao went from flipping burgers at McDonald's to minting billions in crypto. The Binance CEO told us what a 'typical' day of his life looks like and shared a piece of career advice for ambitious young people.
- Elon Musk sparks another Shiba Inu rally ‘to the moon’ — other Shiba coins follow suit
- Elon Musk’s puppy, a new strategy to burn tokens, and altcoins playing catch up — the perfect storm for cryptocurrency Shiba Inu to skyrocket
- Chinese smartphone brands under scrutiny, government to check components, pre-installed apps: Report
- Best AMD desktop processors — which one to buy in India?
- Best AMD Ryzen laptops in India
- Best TVs with HDR support in India
- Bored Ape NFT sells for $2.7 million, making it the most expensive in Yacht Club collection
- Startup salaries have increased over 40% in the last six months