10 things you need to know before the opening bell
Welcome to 10 Things Before the Opening Bell. Sign up here to get this email in your inbox every morning.
Sign up for Insider Investing for your weekly
Event invite: Join us Thursday, May 13 at 12 p.m. ET for "Financing Net-Zero," to hear from financial market leaders and investors about the future of sustainability financing. Register here.
1. Global stocks inch up as muted US jobs data eases pressure on the Fed. See what markets are doing today.
2. Elon Musk's SpaceX has accepted dogecoin as payment for a Moon mission. Geometric Energy Corporation is collaborating with Musk's company on the DOGE-1 Mission.
3. Dogecoin slides 10%. The meme-crypto was trading around 51 cents after Musk announced the doge-funded moon mission.
4. Ether should be as much as 75% lower at around $1,000, JPMorgan says. The bank's analysts said institutional interest and network changes are boosting the price.
5. Mark Cuban explains why crypto is the future. The billionaire is among the highest-profile crypto bulls, and is a particularly vocal backer of dogecoin.
6. Earnings expected. Duke Energy, Roblox, and Marriott are highlights.
7. On the data docket. The US 3-month and 6-month bill auctions are due.
8. Fundstrat's head of digital-assets research walks us through his $100,000 and $10,500 year-end price targets for bitcoin and ether. Tom Lee also shares the 8 tokens he's bullish on right now.
9. Credit Suisse has compiled a list of companies being underrated by the broader market. The firm says buy these 15 stocks that represent its analysts' highest-conviction calls.
10. The world's largest NFT fund spends $250,000 a week on digital art. The co-founder shares 3 platforms set to be industry winners - and his top 6 picks from the $189 million portfolio.
- Air India passengers stranded in Siberia for 2 days were abandoned by the crew, had to sleep on the floor, and were only given bread and rice, relative says
- Foreign investors have been dumping vast amounts of Chinese assets, and putting money there will only get riskier
- Trump acted like 'the Godfather if it was reenacted by a 5-year-old' to try to keep his hands clean in Mar-a-Lago case: experts
- A complete itinerary for your 3 days in Srinagar
- List of famous things to buy in Munnar
- Ads that sailed into the eye of a controversy
- India tops world ranking in digital payments, records 89.5 million transactions in 2022: MyGovIndia
- Will regulate AI and ensure it doesn't harm digital citizens: Rajeev Chandrasekhar