10 things you need to know before the opening bell
Sign up for Insider Investing for your weekly
Here's what you need to know before markets open.
1. US stocks stabilize after Fed policy announcements. Find out what markets are doing.
2. Crypto startup Amber Group hits $1 billion valuation. Coinbase and hedge fund Tiger Global Management are among the backers.
3. Meet the company mining bitcoin using the flare gas from oil drilling. It's backers include Coinbase and the "Winklevii", among others.
4. Lumber's price rally is cooling off after the commodity gained over 400% in 12 months. Experts weighed in on what could happen now.
5. Retail investors are on track to invest $1 trillion into stocks this year. The record-high has been boosted as flows accelerated again over the last month, JPMorgan says.
6. Earnings expected. No major companies are reporting today.
7. On the data docket. ECB President Lagarde and the Fed's Bullard and Williams are making remarks.
8. Credit Suisse is on the hunt for tech companies poised to see immense profit growth in the future. The firm says to buy these 18 tech stocks now while they're still cheap.
9. The CEO of the world's oldest active crypto exchange breaks down why going public is 'a dangerous distraction.' Julian Sawyer also shares the 3 types of cryptocurrencies with real-world use cases that he's excited about.
10. Bets against SPACs are revving back up as the market attempts a comeback. Exclusive data shows the 20 most-shorted blank-check companies now.
- Alibaba, Tencent, and other Chinese players are betting big on the metaverse — but the government is yet to buy into the hype
- Anand Rathi IPO was subscribed 160% on Day 1, today is the second day to subscribe
- Last day to subscribe to Tega Industries’ IPO — GMP at ₹410
- Best smart speaker with Alexa-support for home in India
- KFC gets the Queen of Speed, PT Usha to promote its express pick-up