10 things you need to know before the opening bell
Sign up for Insider Investing for your weekly
1. US futures were mixed after the S&P 500's seven-day rally. See what markets are doing today.
2. Oil prices surge after OPEC+ abandon their meeting. Now there's no deal to boost production, it could mean tighter supply and higher prices.
3. Barclays bans UK customers from making payments to Binance. The crypto exchange said it was disappointed about the British bank's decision based on an "inaccurate understanding" of events.
4. Michael Saylor says bitcoin's volatility will always hurt those who invest purely to trade. The MicroStrategy CEO views his bitcoin holdings as a long-term tech and savings investment.
5. Michael Burry, Jeremy Grantham, and other top investors are predicting an epic market crash. Here are their gravest warnings so far.
6. Coinbase gears up to hire hundreds of engineers in India. New starters will get $1,000 in digital currency, in hopes they'll use it to learn about crypto.
7. On the data calendar. The US Purchasing Managers Index, the US 3-month and 6-month bill auctions, and the redbook index are due.
8. An 18-year-old TikTok influencer shares his process for earning crypto without directly buying via a $700 rig. Dason Thomas also explains how it works for other altcoins including litecoin.
9. UBS is on the hunt for stocks set to pay robust dividends over the long haul. The firm names 11 global, high-quality stocks to buy for consistent dividends that are unlikely to be cut anytime soon.
10. The head of Galaxy Digital's $1.35 billion asset management arm shares one of the primary reasons why he's bullish on bitcoin. Steve Kurz also breaks down how investors should allocate to crypto as an asset class.
- Air Canada, Emirates, Air India and other airlines resume flights to Toronto and the tickets are priced up to ₹5 lakh
- I flew on a $65 million Gulfstream G650ER private jet and saw why it's a favorite of tech billionaires like Elon Musk and Jeff Bezos
- The collapse of Evergrande, one of China’s largest home developers, is “not a Lehman moment” but the fear may haunt steel and metal stocks in India
- IRCTC, IndiaMART, Cummins India and others have been under pressure in the last 5 days but still worth buying
- Noise ropes in Taapsee Pannu as its brand ambassador for smart wearables
- Online fantasy gaming startup earns almost five times Dhoni's Chennai Super Kings
- Samsung's first F-series phone with 5G support, Galaxy F42, to launch soon
- 2021 Yamaha R15 V4.0, R15M, Aerox 155 launched in India — all you need to know