A quant fund is looking to hire high-ranking Wall Street Bets members as traders - and says a 'refined taste for memes' will help candidates
- Cindicator Capital is currently looking for a sentiment trader to join their New York-based company, Bloomberg first reported.
- A crucial requirement: The applicant must be a high-ranking and active member of the notorious
Wall Street Betssubreddit.
- Extra points go to those with a "refined taste for memes and a sense of humour," according to the job listing.
- Sign up here for our daily newsletter, 10 Things Before the Opening Bell
In a job listing posted on Linkedin, New York-based quantitative fund Cindicator Capital is currently looking for a sentiment trader with first-hand Reddit experience. Bloomberg News first reported the listing.
The required qualifications seem standard upon first glance: more than three years of active trading experience and in-depth knowledge of options greeks and indicators. But one stipulation sticks out: the person must also be an active Wall Street Bets member with an account age of more than 365 days and a karma rating higher than 1,000.
Karma is Reddit's measure of "how much good the user has done" for the community, and is parceled out by members themselves.
The role will require the trader to actively manage the company's "internal multi-million corporate treasury" using a "qualitative approach to measuring market moods," and some "street-smarts, according to the listing.
Cindicator Capital goes on to say it wants this trader to spend most of their time on Reddit, Discord chats, and Twitter to "feel the pulse of the tens of millions of retail traders."
Deviating further from standard requirements, the firm emphasized that it does not want anyone with higher education in economics or finance. But, if inevitable, the applicant must simply prove that he or she is "free from any mainstream financial brainwash."
Extra points go to those with a "refined taste for memes and a sense of humor."
Lastly, the role carries an annual salary of $200,000.
Cindicator Capital's Chief Executive Officer Mike Brusov and Chief Technical Officer Yuri Lobyntsev did not immediately respond to Insider's request for comment.
Read more: GOLDMAN SACHS: Buy these 26 'best of both worlds' stocks set to soar with economic recovery even if interest rates stay low
- Financial inclusion made easy for India’s small merchants with Paytm’s pioneering QR codes and Soundbox
- This frequent flyer who's been 'skiplagging' for a decade says she has 'no remorse and no angst'
- Personal trainer Kelsey Wells' protein-packed go-to smoothie is a 'meal in a cup' that tastes like cookie batter
- These are must to do activities in Shimla on your next visit
- ONGC to invest ₹1 lakh cr in energy transition, targets net-zero by 2038
- List of famous things to buy in Shimla
- With Rupay Credit Card on UPI, mobile payments pioneer Paytm deepens its leadership in UPI
- Screen-sharing and usernames on WhatsApp soon: All you need to know