A secretive SpaceX investor has scored a 75% stock gain in the past 3 weeks
International Holdingsstock has surged 75% in the past three weeks.
- IHC's market cap has hit $43 billion, higher than First
UAEholding company owns a fund with a stake in Elon Musk's SpaceX.
A SpaceX investor has seen its stock price surge 75% in the past three weeks for no apparent reason.
The market capitalization of International Holdings, an Emirati holding company, has soared to a record $43 billion, surpassing the market value of First Abu Dhabi Bank - one of the region's biggest lenders.
Century Financial's investment chief, Vijay Valecha, told Bloomberg that IHC's investments are "audacious and sometimes baffling" but that its bosses have "delivered the goods" so far.IHC's stock has climbed from 50 dirham ($13.60) on March 22 to 87.50 as of Thursday, after trading as high as 94 dirham on Wednesday. It has more than doubled in price this year already, after more than doubling last year.
The company's gains might reflect the fact that it more than tripled its revenue and more than doubled its net profit last year.Its outperformance coincides with Sheikh Tahnoun bin Zayed al-Nahyan becoming the company's president. The sheikh is also a national security advisor to the UAE and is part of the country's royalty - his brother is the crown prince of Abu Dhabi. Additionally, he holds leadership positions at IHC's biggest (and only direct) shareholder, Royal Group, and at First Abu Dhabi Bank.
- Revolut starts India operations, appoints former Lendingkart, Flipkart executive Paroma Chatterjee as CEO
- Top 10 longest sixes in IPL matches from 2008 to till date
- OPINION: Regulation of games of skill under a central legislative regime is the need of the hour
- OPINION: Why weekend lockdowns and night curfews aren't the only solution to India's surging cases of COVID-19
- Haryana government declares summer vacation in schools due to spike in COVID-19 cases