Activist investor Ryan Cohen scores 400% gain on GameStop stock in under 6 months
- Activist investor Ryan Cohen has notched a 400% gain on his
Chewycofounder spent $76 million for 9 million shares in the video-game retailer.
- Those shares are now worth over $380 million thanks to GameStop's soaring stock price.
- Visit Business Insider's homepage for more stories.
Cohen penned a letter to GameStop's bosses in November, criticizing them for not keeping pace with the video-game industry's shift to digital streaming, mobile, and gamers buying from mass retailers and online rivals.The entrepreneur and his team also called for GameStop to conduct a strategic review, evolve from a physical retailer into a technology company, prioritize its most profitable
- The digital economy will thrive on customer connections and empowerment, says Adobe India's Nitin Singhal
- YES Bank launches a new musical logo to build a deeper connect with customers
- COVID-19: Students should leave hostels in Bengaluru if their institutions declare a holiday, says BBMP
- Non-banking finance firm Power Finance Corporation records 49% jump in net profits in FY21
- The Internet's original source code is going up for auction on Sotheby's as an NFT this month